register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree39Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #1

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,754 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

reference point- stock rmm duro is about -10 (yes, minus ten)
used bubble gum would work better.

based on your selections and criteria, get the 70.
-however-
if you drive like an animal (LC & FFS, drag or autocross), and you can raise your idle a bit (if you haven't already), get the 88.
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Rainmens (12-15-2012)
 Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
v8 convert

p057 has disabled reputation
Thanked 2,125 Times in 819 Posts
Groans: 220
Groaned at 70 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
reference point- stock rmm duro is about -10 (yes, minus ten)
used bubble gum would work better.

based on your selections and criteria, get the 70.
-however-
if you drive like an animal (LC & FFS, drag or autocross), and you can raise your idle a bit (if you haven't already), get the 88.
88 it is.

Yeah my idle is raised a fuck-ton to try and combat smoking.... doesn't really help but i like the idle anyways.
p057 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
v8 convert

p057 has disabled reputation
Thanked 2,125 Times in 819 Posts
Groans: 220
Groaned at 70 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by p057 View Post
88 it is.

Yeah my idle is raised a fuck-ton to try and combat smoking.... doesn't really help but i like the idle anyways.
Installed RMM on friday. but i accidentally hit my hand with a hammer and i had a huge blood blister thing right between my thumb and index finger. Should have taken an hour at tops, took two since the damn blister was painfully in the way.

Also, i bought the AWR RMM. You HAVE to cut off those stupid prongs. I tried bending them away and that resulted in a ton of fail. (one of the ends of the prongs are welded on.) Pulled out my multi-tool and cut the metal away in less time than it took to debate whether or not to keep bending/prying vs cutting. That metal is relatively soft.

Once that was put in, put everything back up and drove it down the road. LOVED it. soooo smooth. and NVH was NOTHING. I mean, the tiny ass amount of vibes was so little. I am really disappointed that people were telling me to go softer. too soft.

Seriously, pussy. Now that i put 60 miles on it, i barely feel it anymore and i kinda wish i went with a higher durometer count than that...

As far as the mount itself, if you really feel that you dont care (and have the means) about cutting the prong-things at the frame and would like to save a few bucks, go the AWR mount route. get a higher durometer count. 88 is really just minimum you should go at all. i would love to jump up to 95 DM

Other than that, go the sure/cpe/SU RMM route... it's brain-dead easy.
p057 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p057 For This Useful Post:
Elvinf25 (12-19-2014)
 Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #4

We Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by p057 View Post
...Once that was put in, put everything back up and drove it down the road. LOVED it. soooo smooth. and NVH was NOTHING. I mean, the tiny ass amount of vibes was so little. I am really disappointed that people were telling me to go softer. too soft.

Seriously, pussy. Now that i put 60 miles on it, i barely feel it anymore and i kinda wish i went with a higher durometer count than that...

As far as the mount itself, if you really feel that you dont care (and have the means) about cutting the prong-things at the frame and would like to save a few bucks, go the AWR mount route. get a higher durometer count. 88 is really just minimum you should go at all. i would love to jump up to 95 DM ...
I ran 95 durometer motor mounts all the way around in my old MSP (RIP) and vibrations were pronounced, but not insane. Definitely not bad enough to offset the dramatic improvement in response and feel. I had gotten the weight down to around 2750 lbs... The MS3 is around 400 lbs heavier, and the MS6 is approximately 800 lbs heavier... I can't see the vibes being that harsh at all; especially in the MS6.
We Are Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f10/motor-mount-thread-100696/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Rmm This thread Refback 12-18-2015 12:05 PM
Rmm - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 10-06-2015 06:35 AM
Motor mount discussion - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum This thread Refback 04-06-2015 07:23 PM
How to: Left Side Trans Mount This thread Refback 06-05-2014 09:30 AM