register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #1

jayadams66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need Help! Excessive positive crankcase pressure resulti in RMS leak

My car is leaking out the rear main seal from excessive crank case pressure.

I came to this conclusion after fixing the oil pan gasket and it then still leaked. so I started it and sat under there. So in than remembered a car I fixed where someone blocked off all the breather hoses. pushed oil out the seals because of the pressure.

I searched the forum and think I might have found a solution at his thread. in post #7 "Catch can was vta with the OEM pcv valve in place. Had too much pressure in the block." posted by 2.0t03speed
but he doesn't say what he did to fix the problem. and what is VTA mean? Oil leak from weeping hole at pan/tranny joint: rear main seal

I suspect the PCV valve but wanted to get a second opinion. It has a corksport OCC installed on the car. motor was rebuilt bored .020 over. other than that completely stock.

Thank You
jayadams66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

SeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the worldSeeMeGovan is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh boy. Quick, before you get railed in the ass for making this your first post, go read the welcome message in your inbox, then read this thread and make an intro post in the new member section.

Next, go over here and read these 2 posts by Matt Damond about PCV's, crankcase pressure and OCC's.

But I'll throw you a bone: VTA is vent to atmosphere, meaning your can has a filter on top that just dumps crankcase/valve cover pressure into your engine bay instead of back into your air system. This can be a dangerous system because your air system actually pulls vacuum to help vent the excess pressure in your crankcase/valve cover and a VTA setups relies purely on the excess crankcase pressure to vent itself. It works much better to have vacuum on one end of the venting hose.

So you need to figure out:
1) What mods are done to your car (mechanical, ECU tune, etc) that might be increasing your boost pressure, or if your engine is old as shit and you have a ton of piston blow-by pressurizing your crankcase like a balloon.
2) What OCC setup you have running (VTA or closed-loop).

There could be a number of things causing you to have excess pressure in the crankcase like a PCV valve caked over with crud so it won't let any air out. It is technically a replace item every 75k miles or so (whatever the manual says) cuz it's just a shitty plastic valve. But whatever the problem is, you need to fix it before replacing any seals or you'll just fuck up your new seals, too.

NATOR-WA 'GOVAN'

'07 Sunlight Silver Mica MS3 GT

JBR SRI + TIP + 88a RMM + SSP + SSB + Giant red knob + Reverse lock-out guide
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 215/45 R18 | Damond OCC | ebay Catless TP
Defi Red Racer 52mm boost gauge | Torque Pro Android App Dash Install
ebay All white LED bulbs + Custom LED strip hatch lights | 15% Tint + 5% Visor
Pending installs: JBR EGR Delete + TB TIG | Stealthbox w/ Kicker & amp | Ford magical tranny jizz
~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SeeMeGovan is offline   Reply With Quote