register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #1

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Thumbs up Best DD Motor Mount Combination MS6

Okay guys, we all know that keeping our engines in place and firm drastically aids this platform, but with all the motor mounts available it's easy to under or overshoot the perfect combination.

While most of us use these cars as a daily driver, I'm looking to get your experienced recommendations as to which combination delivers the most stability without producing unbearable or excessive vibrations.

I personally have a SU Rear and TT Front Engine mount and while it's firmed things up nicely, I still have some driveline slop. Vibes with this combination are also negligible and VERY minimal/tame. My stock side mounts may also be tired.

I know TRZ and AWR also make Trans (Driver) and Passenger side mounts as well.

I'm strongly considering going with both sides and the rear and removing the front mount if necessary.

LMK what you guys like/recommend.
 Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #2

triplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,226 Posts
Groans: 196
Groaned at 57 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck the sides and SU rear. Keep the front. Buy JBR RMM.
 Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #3

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm told SURE is coming out with a mount set, but it'll be awhile before they have it ready for sale....

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stealth01 For This Useful Post:
AJ713 (05-12-2011), Alpha (05-11-2011)
 Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

ak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the worldak_spray is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Jamie has mounts coming out late summer early fall. I think that's what I'm going to wait for not too impressed with the CPE ones now.

CPe: Stage2 RMM, XcelNANO Short Ram, Nviscid TIP, HPFP
SURE: AGS ATOM Shift Knob, ShortCut, CounterShift, TB/IM TIG, Injector Halos (Coming Soon)
JBR: RSB
Cobb: Accessport
Corksport: TMIC
CNT: Catted Downpipe
ak_spray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ak_spray For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-11-2011), JBR (05-24-2011)
 Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,562 Times in 2,807 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP has a MS6 lol.

I am running a SU rear, TT front, and AWR 70 duro trans and the vibs are no more than your setup. It just takes a few thousand miles for the trans mount to settle in.

The main difference is the added noise from the trans, it quiets down as the mount breaks in but it doesnt completely go away.

The AWR 70 duro is a special order item, but SU Mark can order it.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-12-2011), MPSdriver (05-15-2011), thehead (05-13-2011)
 Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #6

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
OP has a MS6 lol.

I am running a SU rear, TT front, and AWR 70 duro trans and the vibs are no more than your setup. It just takes a few thousand miles for the trans mount to settle in.

The main difference is the added noise from the trans, it quiets down as the mount breaks in but it doesnt completely go away.

The AWR 70 duro is a special order item, but SU Mark can order it.
Awesome, and did the AWR improve what you had? I'm really trying to tighten up the last remaining shift recoil.

Is it just a slight tranny whine, nothing crazy? I might have to jump on it if so!
 Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its quiet enough that I dont notice it unless I am listening for it. I usually drive with the radio on and that helps. I am thinking of getting the 70 duro engine mount, its the last piece before I have all of the mounts.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-13-2011)
 Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #8

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

IMO the best combination for a DD is what you already have...

The tranny mount adds noticeable gear whine especially in reverse, and combined with a fidanza flywheel makes the transmission very noisy at idle...

The passenger side mount added more vibrations than the other three combined...

That being said, i'm now running the CPE rear mount along with the 90 duro AWR tranny and PS mount. It vibrates like crazy, but pedal movement = forward motion, the motor does not move.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
MPSdriver (05-15-2011)
 Old 05-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
IMO the best combination for a DD is what you already have...

The tranny mount adds noticeable gear whine especially in reverse, and combined with a fidanza flywheel makes the transmission very noisy at idle...

The passenger side mount added more vibrations than the other three combined...

That being said, i'm now running the CPE rear mount along with the 90 duro AWR tranny and PS mount. It vibrates like crazy, but pedal movement = forward motion, the motor does not move.
Hmm... I wonder if running a rear with both sides in a 70 duro would be a nice compromise between what you have and what I have now?
 Old 05-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #10

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Hmm... I wonder if running a rear with both sides in a 70 duro would be a nice compromise between what you have and what I have now?
I'd fill the OEM tranny mount and try the 70 duro rear and passenger mount...
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #11

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,110 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ran the su mount + awr 88 mount. When the engine goes back in, itll have a jbr mount + 95 awr mount.

NASA Time Trials/Time Attack, Global Time Attack

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
JBR (05-24-2011)
 Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump for this.
 Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
gonads and strife

Matt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have the AWR RMM in 88 duro right now, and like it. I plan on picking up their trans and side mounts in 88 duro as well.

If you're after reducing drivetrain slop as much as possible, then another good thing to get is both the SURE diff mounts. They made a pretty noticeable difference.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #14

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At first i had just the AWR rear mount. 70 duro. and it only helped a little. Since then i've added an AWR 88 duro tranny mount and it helped alot. There is some tranny whine and a little more vibes in the pedals. But it has faded as the miles pile on.

You can really hear the tranny winding up, or down, which i kinda like frankly. Adds a little communication that was missing. But its easily drowned out by road noise at highway speeds or with the radio on.

The install was easy enough, and at this point i can't see the need to add another mount. Maybe just for track days, but not really necessary for DD, imho.

FYI, I've had both mounts for approx: 20-30k miles.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistersix For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-19-2011)
 Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So even the 88 Tranny mount isn't bad? It's weird, on AWR's website is specifically says that the 70 duro isn't recommended... I wonder why?
 Old 05-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
Speeeeeed

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ive had both the AWR 70 and 88 duro trans mount on the car for more than 20k miles each. There is no difference in engine movement between the two mounts, but the difference in nvh is almost orders of magnitude.

After running the 70 duro, you couldnt pay me to run the 88 again.

Alpha (05-19-2011)
 Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
Ive had both the AWR 70 and 88 duro trans mount on the car for more than 20k miles each. There is no difference in engine movement between the two mounts, but the difference in nvh is almost orders of magnitude.

After running the 70 duro, you couldnt pay me to run the 88 again.
Awesome! 70 duro AWR Tranny Mount ordered!

Thanks guys!
 Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #18

jracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,917 Times in 657 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have the awr trans mount and SU lower engine mount..
looking to get the awr passenger engine mount........70 duro ??
MAP modified 3" Magna Flow cat back
MAP catless testpipe
MAP UICP
Grimmspeed 3 port
Cosworth filter
SSP relay kit
TWM Desert Eagle shift knob
AEM wideband gauge
Prosport boost gauge
EvoX piller pod
30%Tint
Slowpoke Tuned 339hp/336tq

**** SOLD *****
2006 speed6

" A woman's asshole is like a 9-volt battery..U know its wrong, but sooner or later ur gonna put ur tongue on it !! "
jracer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jracer View Post
i have the awr trans mount and SU lower engine mount..
looking to get the awr passenger engine mount........70 duro ??
I believe that mount only comes in 88 or 95, but you may be able to get it made with a 70 custom. Not sure.
jracer (05-24-2011)
 Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
gonads and strife

Matt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the worldMatt is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
I believe that mount only comes in 88 or 95, but you may be able to get it made with a 70 custom. Not sure.
It's listed on PG's site in 70 duro. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it is listed.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
Speeeeeed

Not Ranked  0 score     

Its available but its special order.

jracer (05-24-2011)
 Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #22

SpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any updates?

im a new MS6 ownern and as you know the options for mounts can be daunting. im just looking for the best set for the best price. cant really afford to test all options.
SpICeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #23

Matx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 18 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy shit this is an old thread....
Well Im here fuck... AWR psm makes the motor sit crooked I would not use it.
14 Wrangler

Originally Posted by backward_0 View Post
.... I will be more than happy to fuck your world off....
Matx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #24
Banned

RaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to beholdRaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to beholdRaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to beholdRaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to beholdRaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to beholdRaceTech_mzr is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

SURE RMM Failure
RaceTech_mzr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #25

SpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been considering the same question, after reading as much as I can on here and trying to come up with my own conclusion, this is the setup I'm thinking of going with:

JBR - RMM
AWR - Passenger tranny mount
Turbine Tech - Rear Diff rear mount bushings
Turbine Tech or Sure Juggernaught - Rear Diff front mount

TT RDFM is 199$ on special right now
Sure Jugg is 245$

What do you guys think?

(Use is street and sometimes track. No drag racing at all, eww)
 Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #26

Black Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,307 Times in 422 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SpICeZ View Post
I've been considering the same question, after reading as much as I can on here and trying to come up with my own conclusion, this is the setup I'm thinking of going with:

JBR - RMM
AWR - Passenger tranny mount
Turbine Tech - Rear Diff rear mount bushings
Turbine Tech or Sure Juggernaught - Rear Diff front mount

TT RDFM is 199$ on special right now
Sure Jugg is 245$

What do you guys think?

(Use is street and sometimes track. No drag racing at all, eww)
Please change your avatar pic, that dirty stock TMIC makes you look like an idiot. Did you take the TMIC cover off just for the picture or do you not have one?

@SpICeZ
- GS EBCS - H&R Springs - Sure TIG's - PNP'D Intake Manifold - EGR Delete -

12.89 @ 104.9 1.82 60' 4500' ASL on K04 20 PSI E30
12.01 @ 113.9 1.80 60' 4500' ASL on 3071 22 PSI E20

- 2004 Silver Sunlight Metallic RX-8 -
- 6MT - Stock -

Last edited by Black Metal; 05-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Black Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Metal For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-17-2012), CWP_MS3 (05-17-2012)
 Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #27

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,015 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the juggernaught is cheaper with coupon code and free shipping, for me at least
SOLD//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 AP // Corksport CTS4
// HKS Ignition // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

I just put it there to fill the avatar space, I dont give a flying rats a$$ about avatars, but I just didint want the "avatard".

About the TMIC cover, its obviously still there.

Back on topic...
 Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #29

671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

make sure you get a proper rear diff mount not the bushings. ive personally decided against a trans mount because of reviews of vibration and hearing the gear noise of the transmission.

formerly pursuit_special
671 grains of reason is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

For the rear diff, I was thinking of getting a full front mount, but just the bushings for the rear.

Since this is generaly a DD, I think I dont really need to replace both mounts.