register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #1

Douggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question Oem clutch/Fidanza Flywheel, Causing sticky clutch pedal?

My clutch pedal sticks to the floor about 15-20% of my shifts. Very sporadic. I just use my foot to pull the pedal back up and its fine again for a while. Is this a common characteristic of a lightweight flywheel?
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT: Autotech Fuel pump, GT3071R, Cobb AP FreakTune, 3" Custom Magnaflow Turboback Dual Exhaust, Mazdaspeeed intake/turbo inlet tube, NGK XI 1 step colder plugs, Fidanza Flywheel, EGR/VTCS Delete, Cobb EBC, Cross drilled rotors, Corksport BPV, TSW Nurburgrings, Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
Douggievee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #2

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Make sure to check your pedal for cracks.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #3

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nothing to do with FW weigt, it is probably the pedal mechanism or a bad slave cylinder...
As long as everything got installed correctly during clutch replacement... Are you seeing it since day1 of install or just recently ? Did you put mixed new and old parts without checking to stay inside specs ? Sometimes if the height of FW blocs isn't compatible with PP travel and disc thickness, you may experience that kind of issues. But usually you would see the clutch forks to be loose or needing alonger travel to operate...
I would check the slave for leaks first...i had to replace mine right after a clutch job and it wasn't funny to manage into traffic with a dead clutch pedal.

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....

Last edited by Jeff23spl; 04-20-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #4

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,754 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My oem/fidanza combo doesn't do that, got almost 19K on it now.
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

Douggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have checked on the past but I'll get down and look at the pedals again. I bought the 6 modded so I don't know if the slave was ever changed but maybe that's a good place to start.

And I would say it's been doing it a few months now so not since day 1 of the clutch flywheel install which were both new a year ago.
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT: Autotech Fuel pump, GT3071R, Cobb AP FreakTune, 3" Custom Magnaflow Turboback Dual Exhaust, Mazdaspeeed intake/turbo inlet tube, NGK XI 1 step colder plugs, Fidanza Flywheel, EGR/VTCS Delete, Cobb EBC, Cross drilled rotors, Corksport BPV, TSW Nurburgrings, Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line

Last edited by Douggievee; 04-20-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #6

AlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Other than the chatter after driving for a while while not on gear, i've never experienced anything worth mentioning after doing the OEM clutch/Fidanza flywheel combo and especially no clutch issues like the ones you mention. It's probably on your best interest to get a new slave and master cylinders based on your mileage though.
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:22 PM   #7

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AlecMS3 View Post
Other than the chatter after driving for a while while not on gear, i've never experienced anything worth mentioning after doing the OEM clutch/Fidanza flywheel combo and especially no clutch issues like the ones you mention. It's probably on your best interest to get a new slave and master cylinders based on your mileage though.
Yo Alec! You got the OEM clutch Fidanza setup? I have to come over and check it out very soon. My clutch is fried and I am on the fence.
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #8

AlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud ofAlecMS3 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mattyhawk1 View Post
Yo Alec! You got the OEM clutch Fidanza setup? I have to come over and check it out very soon. My clutch is fried and I am on the fence.
Sure man. Just got your PM check your inbox.
 Old 04-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #9

93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world93GTS is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe corrosion around master cylinder push rod. I've had a 626, several probes, and a ranger do it. The common factor was that none were driven regularly.
93GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #10

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,695 Times in 980 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

bleed - fail
replace slave, bleed - partial victory
adjust pedal - win

my experience. Not with findanza, but I don't think the flywheel has anything to do with your issue.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, im gonna have to look into geting the master and slave replaced and see if it clears up
 Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #12

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

make sure to get the upgraded slave with mazda part # finishing by a ''B'' you can search here for full #.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff23spl For This Useful Post:
Douggievee (04-21-2015)
 Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #13

shmallz92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

my clutch went, car is in the shop for over a week now because only one mazda dealer around and going for OEM clutch.. anyway.. my flywheel may possibly be fuked as well but we wont know until the clutch comes and and we start taking shit apart... if so, i would LOVE to know if the OEM clutch and fidanza combo is safe and that there will be no problems... i really do not want to spend more for an oem flywheel and im sure no one does...

THANKs
shmallz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shmallz92 View Post
my clutch went, car is in the shop for over a week now because only one mazda dealer around and going for OEM clutch.. anyway.. my flywheel may possibly be fuked as well but we wont know until the clutch comes and and we start taking shit apart... if so, i would LOVE to know if the OEM clutch and fidanza combo is safe and that there will be no problems... i really do not want to spend more for an oem flywheel and im sure no one does...

THANKs
OEM LuK clutch and Fidanza FW combo is very safe. I've had this setup for 8 months now with no problems. You might want to replace your master and slave cylinders too while you are at it. Each one will set you back about 100 dlls each but its a better way to prevent any follow up issues in your tranny.
 Old 05-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

start looking right now because the oem isn't suppose to be re-usable with a new disc. When i look for one, the price was between 800-1500$ for just the OEM Luk FW...
You will have a hard time to find someone to re-manufacture it like we could be used too with, ordinary clutch system, The chance that the FW isn't worn with a failed disc is very thin...
Some have found places that work on the oem LUK fw but i think most goes with an aftermarket solid 1 piece FW...Just make some search on msf and you will find manny thread about clutch kits...
You will also heard about pro and cont of using a lightweigt FW on the DD use.

I have an ACT but i won't suggest it for a stock use...

Wife drive 2010 CX7