register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree2Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

wettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rear diff locks while turning after SURE diff mount and brace install

Hello,

I just installed the SURE rear differential mount and brace on my MS6. After the install i noticed that if i stop the car, turn the wheel all the way to the right and slowly pull out the right rear wheel will cease, almost as if the brake was engaged on it, and then it lets go. Same thing will happen to the left rear wheel if i go left. Me and my mechanic had a look but we couldn't find anything wrong, we did not open the diff, we dropped the whole bottom to install the parts.

Any suggestions? I'm afraid if i take it to Mazda they will blame the SURE parts, which I'm sure are not the cause of the problem.

Thanks.

Last edited by wettoast; 06-01-2011 at 01:16 PM.
wettoast is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #2

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,452 Posts
Groans: 35
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whhaaaaa!?
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

BT - 395 awhp 345 awtq @ Moore Automotive 4/12/2014 on 93 octane
Stock Turbo - 331 awhp 397 awtq @ Moore Automotive 11/10/2012 on ~e48
12.263 @ 111.75 mph 1.669 60' 11/17/2012

RichieRichness is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #3

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,110 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wtf does the rear mou nt have to do with the front wheel

NASA Time Trials/Time Attack, Global Time Attack

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #4

wettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to beholdwettoast is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jroc View Post
wtf does the rear mou nt have to do with the front wheel

Sorry, brain fart, did not specify that its the REAR wheel thats locking up.
 Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #5

Boostlag will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 40 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

completely unrelated unless you bolted it up wrong. Mounts only hold the diff up, not how they operate.
Boostlag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boostlag View Post
completely unrelated unless you bolted it up wrong. Mounts only hold the diff up, not how they operate.
Exactly, i even watched the mechanic do the work, that is why i am confused, because it was not doing this before the work was done.

Originally Posted by Angr-E1 View Post
Something might be wrong with the gears in the rear diff. Drain the diff fluid and check for metal shavings.
We actually did change the oil, didn't specifically look for any debris, but the oil that drained was clean.

I ended up taking the car to Mazdas stealership as the drivetrain is still on warranty, they looked at it for 15min and said they were not sure what was wrong. However they suspected it may be because the tread on my front tires is deeper than on the rear tires.

I did some research and indeed AWD vehicles require all wheel to be the same circumference, or such problems can be experienced. Whether this is the case here, and what the actual tolerance is, is unknown to me at this point. I will buy new tires as these are pretty worn and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks.

Last edited by wettoast; 06-02-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #7

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What? I know the tires need to be pretty close, but I don't think it would causing a wheel to lock up...that doesn't sound right....

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #8

LuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the worldLuczOr is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You should rotate your tires and see if that sorts anything out.
 Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #9

triplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,226 Posts
Groans: 196
Groaned at 57 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn triplejumper18, what caused that to happen?
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to wettoast For This Un-useful Post:
Chriscote (07-17-2011), jroc (06-02-2011)
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #11

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

......wow, you didnt get the joke. Tha picture is called internet joke.

Front diff is open, rear diff is limited slip. Meaning as long as the tires on the rear are the same, it doesnt matter too much on the front tire tread depth.

What fluid did you refill with?

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

......wow, you didnt get the joke. Tha picture is called internet joke.

Front diff is open, rear diff is limited slip. Meaning as long as the tires on the rear are the same, it doesnt matter too much on the front tire tread depth.

What fluid did you refill with?
Doh, no i did not get the joke

This is very useful information, thank you very much, i will call the stealership with this info and see what they say.

As for the oil, i don't remember the brand, some sort of synthetic LSD oil, the mechanic called Mazda to check whats required though.
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #13

ccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im not sure but, i think the rear diff requires no FM in the oil? Im just shooting this off the top of my head, but if your oil has FMs, it could be causing the rear end to bind. I would at least figure out what was actually put in, and do some quick research about people using the same stuff. Although, i was under the impression that the rear end doesnt even engage without traction loss, due to the electric clutch pack, so if your just slowly turning and the rear end is binding, i would def look at the oil put in. I believe Redline 75w-90 is a good oil for the Tcase and rear end. No FM
ccspeedsix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ccspeedsix View Post
Im not sure but, i think the rear diff requires no FM in the oil? Im just shooting this off the top of my head, but if your oil has FMs, it could be causing the rear end to bind. I would at least figure out what was actually put in, and do some quick research about people using the same stuff. Although, i was under the impression that the rear end doesnt even engage without traction loss, due to the electric clutch pack, so if your just slowly turning and the rear end is binding, i would def look at the oil put in. I believe Redline 75w-90 is a good oil for the Tcase and rear end. No FM

If FM is what i think it is, some sort of additive, then we did not add any. The oil weight sounds correct. To be clear the problem was present before the oil change, we changed it to troubleshoot the problem but it remains.

Just called Mazda, regardless of what i told them about the front open and rear slip diff, they say that all wheels must turn at the same speed so that the computer is not confused.... sigh.

In any case, i do need new tries, so i will buy some as soon as i can and see what happens. I'll update this thread once i get them.

Ty for the feedback guys.
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #15

ccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FM is friction modifier. But if the problem persisted prior, then ensure you didnt overfill the diff. I dont remember if the rear end is a torsen LSD or VLSD. If it is a VLSD, then overfilling the oil will cause it to bind, as the oil is what makes it lock.
ccspeedsix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #16

triplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the worldtriplejumper18 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,226 Posts
Groans: 196
Groaned at 57 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

API Service GL-5 (SAE 80W-90)

I use Redline 75W90 GL-5 High Performance Gear Oil
Red Line Synthetic Oil - Gear Oil for Differentials - 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil
 Old 06-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wettoast View Post
If FM is what i think it is, some sort of additive, then we did not add any. The oil weight sounds correct. To be clear the problem was present before the oil change, we changed it to troubleshoot the problem but it remains.

Just called Mazda, regardless of what i told them about the front open and rear slip diff, they say that all wheels must turn at the same speed so that the computer is not confused.... sigh.

In any case, i do need new tries, so i will buy some as soon as i can and see what happens. I'll update this thread once i get them.

Ty for the feedback guys.
You realize if all wheels are supposed to turn at the same speed, you wouldnt be able to turn. Think about it. Imagine a tank turning.

Your dealer is retarded.

Not to mention the computer has nothing to do with wheels turning (mechanically speaking)

Last edited by jroc; 06-02-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You realize if all wheels are supposed to turn at the same speed, you wouldnt be able to turn. Think about it. Imagine a tank turning.

Your dealer is retarded.

Not to mention the computer has nothing to do with wheels turning (mechanically speaking)
No argument there, I've tried many in my area, this one is the least retarded.

Not much i can do though, luckily i do need new tires so may as well change them and go from there.
 Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So i bought 4 new tires yesterday, and of course the problem is still there. Went to the stealership this morning. Now they are saying that my previous tires may have caused damage on the diff (lol). In any case the guy said he needs to check with Mazda but they most likely will replace the diff. I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about my mounts, their mechanics must be blind. But hey, if they give me a new diff on warranty, ill be happy.
 Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #20

Walkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most dealerships do not really care if the mounts get changed out because. 9 of 10 mounts just hold shit in place. they really have no other function then that.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

* UPDATE *

So after a few weeks dealing with the Mazda dealership i am still having this issue. Mazda has replaced the whole rear differential, it still locks during tight turns. They have no clue as to whats causing this.

At this point i seriously regret installing the SURE mounts and brace, the original parts were actually just fine, nothing was cracked, no sheered blots. Sigh.
 Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #22

laxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 24 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

try disconnecting the wheel speed sensors, and plug on rear diff. See if still occurs. Also is it possible you binded up the e brake cables when doing the install?
Coaststarlight (07-03-2012)
 Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by laxplayermjd View Post
try disconnecting the wheel speed sensors, and plug on rear diff. See if still occurs. Also is it possible you binded up the e brake cables when doing the install?
I'll pass that info over to the mechanic, thanks!
 Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #24

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry, but there's just no way the mounts are causing this. They are completely external and do NOT cause any modification to the diff or the way it works. My guess is that you did something wrong putting shit back together, but since Mazda put a whole new diff on there, that seems less likely.

But if you really think it's the mounts, return to stock.

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth01 For This Useful Post:
jracer (06-25-2011)
 Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
I have candy in my van

MATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,154 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm guessing that some damage may have occurred on the electrical connectors for the diff during the install. Could also have to do with the yaw and wheel speed sensors too.

How where the mounts installed? Was the whole rear subframe dropped, or just the diff lowered?

MATT DAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MATT DAMOND For This Useful Post:
Neverlift (06-06-2012), Stealth01 (06-24-2011)
 Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #26

jracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,917 Times in 657 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Sorry, but there's just no way the mounts are causing this. They are completely external and do NOT cause any modification to the diff or the way it works. My guess is that you did something wrong putting shit back together, but since Mazda put a whole new diff on there, that seems less likely.

But if you really think it's the mounts, return to stock.
I agree .. It can't be the mounts .
MAP modified 3" Magna Flow cat back
MAP catless testpipe
MAP UICP
Grimmspeed 3 port
Cosworth filter
SSP relay kit
TWM Desert Eagle shift knob
AEM wideband gauge
Prosport boost gauge
EvoX piller pod
30%Tint
Slowpoke Tuned 339hp/336tq

**** SOLD *****
2006 speed6

" A woman's asshole is like a 9-volt battery..U know its wrong, but sooner or later ur gonna put ur tongue on it !! "
jracer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jracer View Post
I agree .. It can't be the mounts .
Especially since the dealership would have said so, if they were installed wrong. Has to be electronic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth01 For This Useful Post:
jracer (06-25-2011)
 Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #28

MazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would really like to hear what the cause is because I am experiencing the same problems. Especially if I drive the car for long distances and then its almost every turn. It's worse backing out of parking spaces. I still have stock mounts and I haven't changed the oil yet. The fucking dealership told me it was loose sway bar brushing which ironically temporarily reduced it. Please update with results.

Sent from my VS840 4G using tapatalkreplace 2
~CORKSPORT STAGE 1 SRI/TIP~JBR 70 TMM~AWR 88 RMM~H & R SPRINGS~SHOPMADE TEST PIPE~GFB BPV~DDM 3000K HID FOGS~CAR_LED TAIL LIGHTS~TSW MAX 18X8.5 +40~HANKOOK VENTUS V12 235X40X18~DUAL BABY CAR SEATS~ROTORPRO'S ZINC PLATED ROTORS AND POSI QUIET PADS~

MazdaMOFO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #29

MazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaMOFO84 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Realized its more than likely my diff fluid. Hopefully. Going to buy some Redline and see if it goes away. Was going around the corkskrew thing to get to the top of a parking garage and thought I was gonna blow it out then.

Edit! This thread is old!

Sent from my VS840 4G using tapatalkreplace 2
~CORKSPORT STAGE 1 SRI/TIP~JBR 70 TMM~AWR 88 RMM~H & R SPRINGS~SHOPMADE TEST PIPE~GFB BPV~DDM 3000K HID FOGS~CAR_LED TAIL LIGHTS~TSW MAX 18X8.5 +40~HANKOOK VENTUS V12 235X40X18~DUAL BABY CAR SEATS~ROTORPRO'S ZINC PLATED ROTORS AND POSI QUIET PADS~

MazdaMOFO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #30

Flaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond reputeFlaverre has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shortly after I bought my car I took it around a corner too fast and the back end slid out hitting a curb on the drivers rear. They replaced a bunch of shit on that side but did not do anything with the diff. About 10k miles later I had some noises (honestly do not remember what kind as it was 85k miles ago) and brought the car into my local mechanic and he drained the diff and pulled out a huge chunk of clutch plate. So thinking this was probably the cause of my diff issues I had Mazda replace the diff. (which it was) They did and the EXACT same issues you are talking about happened. Backing out of a spot to the left or right would cause the left or right rear wheel/tire to bind so much that it would NOT MOVE and the car would drag the tire across the pavement for a second and then release. I brought it back to mazda and they replaced the diff again....... To this day I still have the issue but not nearly as bad and not nearly as often. Only when the steering wheel is at full lock and backing out will I sometimes have this problem. Definitely makes me concerned about installing those diff mounts now. Obviously I didn't help much with your problem, but just wanted you to know you aren't alone in it.
2006 MS6 - COBB AP - COBB SRI - COBB TIP - COBB XLE BPV - Autotech Internals - DNP Mani - ATP DP - Magnaflow CBE - JBR RMM - JBR SSP - Eibach Springs - SURE Anchors - SURE Dreadnaught - SURE Juggernaught - Whiteline RSB - Denso ITV22 Plugs - 225/45 18 Kumho Ecsta LE Sport rubber - Valentine 1 Radar (hardwired) - Custom $1000 dented rear wing

If you buy a SURE RMM, expect it to shit the bed. That is all.
Flaverre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaverre For This Useful Post:
MazdaMOFO84 (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #31

Coaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the worldCoaststarlight is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Highly doubt Diff mounts are the issue, a possible explanation for the Maintanance issue involving stock parts just being serviced or replaced, maybe at some point Mazda revised a part number/Changed an existing censor that most dealers are otherwise obliviose to, seeing as Mazdas known for doing that, As for the op, I'd say check your Pig tail and Wheel speed censors, and as mentioned Examin your Brake cable for the hand brake as well, Since noone seems to have an answer to the issue, I'd say:

1. start researcjing part numbers to see if theres any changes in 06/07 models (Censors, diffs, wheels speed indicators, ect..)

2. examine EVERYTHING under the rear, starting with things you know were touched/moved/loosened

3. Get all 4 wheels off the ground (Lift or stands) and try to replicate problem with the wheels in the air and see whats going on first hand and whats hold the rear wheel that locks, so you can watch and see it and rule out brake cables binding and any other exsterior interfearance, that would tell you atleast if whether or not its internal (in the Diff)

Long Block Built by GPwerks and Loose Screw Motor Sports
https://www.gp-werks.com/
http://www.crossoverauto.com
^Any Parts, Great Prices^
Coaststarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coaststarlight For This Useful Post:
Stealth01 (07-04-2012)
 Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #32

Darksoul will become famous soon enoughDarksoul will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bumpage - old thread i know, but im having same problems exactly less the mounts installed - Its happening every time in a car park. really pissing me off, any further ideas why it would do it while turning only? taken it to various mechanics and no idea from them.
Darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #33

StayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the worldStayBroke is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,823 Times in 912 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would any lights on the dash come on if you messed up the rear diff eletrical connections?

sent to you from me
 Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nope not at all, it would just lock up while engaging clutch, when clutch is fully engaged it doesn't do it. And only happens when turning at speeds of say 0-5km/h or 0-3mp/h
 Old 06-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #35
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,013 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you change your fluids like people above did?
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Have not changed fluid yet, also confused is the diff supposed to be filled up completely or not? Also judging by the others changing fluid didn't help
 Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #37
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,013 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You need to do some reading.
Mahdi_ms6 likes this.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #38

iisinsane is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I might have a little more insight into this issue. Let me just run down what has happened first.

All fluid was filled properly and checked and has no metal shavings or chunks in it.

So a few weeks ago my car after some mildly aggressive driving started to drag the rear wheel around sharp corners and while backing up. You can feel the drivetrain binding and needing the pressure to be released from the wheels. I thought oh crap, the differential went out. I got a used rear end locally from a wrecked MS6 and figured I would just swap the whole thing so I don't have deal with seals and what not.

I swap the rear end out and drive the car, no binding anymore no real wheel dragging. I thought I had fixed the problem. Step on around a corner and notice I have torque steer. That's a first for the car, get on it a few more times and can now spin the front wheels. After a bit of this a realize I have little to no power going to my rear wheels. Check my connections and everything looks solid so I figure damnit, the coupler from the used rear end I got must be bad.

I swap out the coupler (PTO?) on the used rear end for the one that is originally on my car. So now the car has the new(used) differential and the original coupler on it. Go to back out of the driveway and guess what, it binds again just like it did originally. I am a slight bit upset about this, tried the one click on the e brake and it doesn't change anything. I disconnect the electrical connectors on the coupler and nothing changes. I drive without it hooked up around some hard corners with some gas and no torque steer and no front wheel hop.

My car is in Full time AWD mode and the coupler is seized ON. I thinking this is why the wheels hop is with the coupler locked, there has no way to release the rotational differences between front and rear which happen around sharp corners.

Now is there a way to test other coupler I have or the voltage coming out of the connector to see if I have an electrical issue or two bad couplers. I know the one that is seized on is a lost cause.
iisinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2015, 11:49 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys I just wanted to give feedback on what my issue was, as explained it would bind on low speed sharp corners in parking lots ect.

In the end it was the rear drivers side and sensor - didn't throw a code but it would not register 0-5mph then flick to 6+mph once moving. Hope this helps some of you
Vegas_cs likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darksoul For This Useful Post:
Masterofnone (04-06-2015), rob ms6gt (04-15-2015)
 Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 AM   #40

iisinsane is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Turns out it was a locked coupler in my case. I whacked it with a 4lb hammer a few times and it managed to release. Now it drives fine.
iisinsane is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f106/rear-diff-locks-while-turning-after-sure-82258/
Posted By For Type Date
Rear diff mount mazdaspeed 6 - Forum This thread Refback 07-29-2015 04:04 AM
Strange issue when turning left? (Full turn) This thread Pingback 01-20-2013 06:39 PM