register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #1

racebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys, greetings from Australia. Great job on the W2A setup, great to see people thinking outside of the box. I am a big fan of W2A coolers and have use them on some previous rides of mine with great succes.

I am real keen to make a setup for my 3 real soon and its great to be able to see other setups, will def help when the time comes for me.

Sorry to hi jack the thread, buy ATE BALLER, is your setup basically the OEM top mount enclosed and made into a W2A setup?

IDRVSLO, you said you brought yours as a kit for another model of car and modded to suit, i have found your actual cooler but have not been able to find a kit with the heat exchanger and pump etc.., your gear looks of good quality, the radiator is huuuge, and the pump is in fact the same as i used on my last setup (purchased 2nd hand tho..)

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Jason
racebitz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #2

bnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 530 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by racebitz View Post
Hey guys, greetings from Australia. Great job on the W2A setup, great to see people thinking outside of the box. I am a big fan of W2A coolers and have use them on some previous rides of mine with great succes.

I am real keen to make a setup for my 3 real soon and its great to be able to see other setups, will def help when the time comes for me.

Sorry to hi jack the thread, buy ATE BALLER, is your setup basically the OEM top mount enclosed and made into a W2A setup?

IDRVSLO, you said you brought yours as a kit for another model of car and modded to suit, i have found your actual cooler but have not been able to find a kit with the heat exchanger and pump etc.., your gear looks of good quality, the radiator is huuuge, and the pump is in fact the same as i used on my last setup (purchased 2nd hand tho..)

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Jason
CXRacing has good parts, as does Frozenboost.com, both have enough parts to put together your own kit. As far as kits for the ms3, I believe IDRVSLO and I are both working on bringing specific kits to market as bolt-ins.

My heat exchanger core is 24" x 8" x 2.5" and can be found on Ebay.

For the pump, I used a Ford/Bosch part found on Cobra/Lightnings and you can get those on Ebay for about $80-$90 or so. I believe IDRVSLO used the same one.
2013 Ford Focus SE - Sold!
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold!
2002 BMW M3 - Sold!
2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
1974 GMC Super Custom 1500 built 350/TH400 3200 stall
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #3

racebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really niceracebitz is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the reply's guys, i like forums that actually provides info and not just full of keyboard warriors with an opinion on everything lol.

Yeah i have found those kits etc.. on ebay now after a bit of searching. How do you find the quality of the coolers? I am a bit worried about them as the casting doesnt look real good, and the welds are a bit here n there. But im comming from using PWR and Spearco cores prev... Im only after a basic setup to do the job and fit in a small space in the bay. Are you guys running fans on your radiators? How much height clearance do we have for the radiator, i found one that is 24x14"x1", would it fit height wise under the main bar in front? Im interested in that one as it fits a 10" thermo fan. I am also going to set up a ice box, prob in the boot as thats what we done on the other cars. Have you had any issues bleeding the systems?

Sorry for all the Q'S but its hard to talk to other people that havnt actually worked on this type of setup before.

Thanks again.
racebitz is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f11/custom-water-air-inercooler-complete-pics-inside-13097/
Posted By For Type Date
InterCOOLers Anyone? - OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS community This thread Refback 11-19-2008 07:12 PM
CorkSport FMIC Kit With CAI - OzMazdaClub.com - Australia's Best Mazda Car Club and Forum This thread Pingback 11-05-2008 07:04 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-20-2008 09:33 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-19-2008 01:52 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-19-2008 10:47 AM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-18-2008 03:24 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-16-2008 11:41 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-16-2008 07:42 PM
StreetFire.net - Troggie42's 08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT This thread Refback 10-16-2008 03:24 PM
MazdasNW.com - YO! This thread Refback 10-14-2008 05:16 PM