register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #1

Tmarkal is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Post Gen 1 Blows a lot of white smoke PCV Valve?

I keep it in the garage and have not driven it much. I start it every week. A few days ago I started the Mazda and let it get up to temp and idle for longer than usual like 30 minutes. A few days later I turned the car on and white smoke came pouring out of the exhaust. The engine sounded healthy and The car does not get driven often. I turned off the car and checked the oil fill and there was some smoke coming out of there as well. Oil in the intake as well. I have an oil catch can and that was not full either. Im not sure if the seals are bad (IDK how that would happen if the car is garage kept) or if it is a pcv valve issue (or something else) Any suggestions or theories.
Tmarkal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #2

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You might want to read the numerous “smoking turbo” threads. If it smokes at idle and not so much in normal driving, it may be blown turbo seals. Very common once the engine gets over 30,000 miles.

If compression is good, then your symptoms point to the K04 turbo.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote