register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #1

JimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the info.

So what setup did you go with? Did you change out the WGA? Or did you just use the quick tap? I'm currently (and have been) using the quick tap. Maybe I should try and tee it differently....? I don't think I have a 14.7psi spring in my WGA. When I put the turbo on for the very first time, I just ran the line from the WGA to the quick tap (same exact location in the pic on the ATP site linked) and left the stock boost control solenoid capped off. So my boost was all mechanical at the time. It would only reach 9-10psi.

Hmmmmmmmm..............
 Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Banned

phailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,323 Times in 966 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 179 Times in 125 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Thanks for the info.

So what setup did you go with? Did you change out the WGA? Or did you just use the quick tap? I'm currently (and have been) using the quick tap. Maybe I should try and tee it differently....? I don't think I have a 14.7psi spring in my WGA. When I put the turbo on for the very first time, I just ran the line from the WGA to the quick tap (same exact location in the pic on the ATP site linked) and left the stock boost control solenoid capped off. So my boost was all mechanical at the time. It would only reach 9-10psi.

Hmmmmmmmm..............
you got to put the restrictor in the line bro..... i had the exact same problem. they talk about the size in the link in that thread.

after i put it in.... my turbo held like a charm..... you may need to mess with the pid settings on the standback though. nice oppurtunity for some street tuning once you get the restrictor in there.

even without tuning the PID values.... you'll still hold boost though. It just wont be real smooth unless you get lucky.
phailerider is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f11/gt-series-turbo-questions-8572/
Posted By For Type Date
albuquerque nm mazda 6 owners - Mazda6 / Atenza This thread Refback 02-15-2009 10:36 AM