register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Interior / Exterior Appearance Mods
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-25-2014, 03:21 AM   #1

Project_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Footwell Lights

I have been searching for a while. I didnt find anything on How to's for the CX-7. What I want to do is when the doors open I want some leds to turn on in the foot-wells and turn off when the doors are closed.

I removed the front map/dome lights. I have three wires. I checked for power and ground. First wire is a ground the second wire is 12 volts ( door closed or doors open) Third wire is weird, when the doors are open I dont have voltage. when I close the doors I get 5 volts.

Is the other Mazdaspeeds 3's or 6's like this?

Once I find how to. I will make a how to for the CX7
Project_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #2

Drive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Footwell Lights

The idea is simple, and should be possible if you just tap into the wires for the dome light. (At least on a MS3 the dome light comes on when you unlock the car/open door/close door [with fade or until locked]) You want something like this?

Tappappallday

NJ NATOR

Last edited by Drive By Fire; 05-25-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Drive By Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #3

Project_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want something like that. But white leds. im going back out there to play.
 Old 05-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well after putting my kido down for a nap. I got to playing around with the wiring. Found out how tie in to the factory wiring.

I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow on how I did it.
 Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

uploadfromtaptalk1401197364624.jpg

Front lights are done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using tapatalkreplace
2007 Mazda CX-7: Custom FMIC, Forge V1 BPV, Grimmspeed 3 port EBC, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch Catless DP, Muffler Delete, JBR 3.5 intake, Autotech HPFP Internals, JBR OCC, Vogland Springs. Stereo: Two Memphis 10" Subs, 2 Memphis 1.500 Amps. Memphis 4.50 Amp, Image Dynamics Components and Coaxials.
 Old 05-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #6

Drive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the worldDrive By Fire is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good!

Sent from my iPad using tapatalkreplace

NJ NATOR
 Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The driver side didn't have a place to mount the. Glad I had some left over 1/4 inch mdf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using tapatalkreplace
2007 Mazda CX-7: Custom FMIC, Forge V1 BPV, Grimmspeed 3 port EBC, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch Catless DP, Muffler Delete, JBR 3.5 intake, Autotech HPFP Internals, JBR OCC, Vogland Springs. Stereo: Two Memphis 10" Subs, 2 Memphis 1.500 Amps. Memphis 4.50 Amp, Image Dynamics Components and Coaxials.
 Old 05-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #8

the2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I wired mine into the fuse box under the glove box. Our cars share a common ground instead of positive. It's kinda weird I'll take it out and get some pics after work unless you already figured it out.
the2falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #9

the2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the worldthe2falcon is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok guys I connected my ground wires from both led strips to one wire and ran it to the dome navigation lamp above the mirror and spliced into the black and red wire. I connected both positive wires together and ran one to one side of the sunroof fuse under the glove box that has constant 12v power. Hope this helps anyone trying to install leds to operate with the doors. Here is a pic of the dome lamp and where I spliced into it.
And here is the pic where I connected the positive for constant power
 Old 05-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

In need of some add-a-fuse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapappallday

NJ NATOR
 Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah was gonna do that. Lol but it seems to be working fine for the past 50,000 miles
 Old 05-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

I hear you, but piece of mind. Not judging you. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapappallday

NJ NATOR
 Old 05-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I thought the same thing when I opened it back up to take pics prob going to grab some while I'm at the parts store