register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #1

Mcopping is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Engine mounts?

How difficult is it to change out the engine mounts? and another question, is cobb still making the replacement shifter weight? just wondering...
Mcopping is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #2

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,183 Times in 2,324 Posts
Groans: 326
Groaned at 53 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

changing the rear mount takes roughly a half hr, not hard at all. having 2 people helps a lot as the engine may need to be rocked to get re aligned with the bolt holes. Not sure about the other 2 tho....

No, cobb's shifter weight has been discontinued, but if you do some digging you may find a few vendors still have some. i got mine from JSCSpeed. you could also just get a saw and cut half the stock weight off
8.5MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #3

mazdaspeedkt will become famous soon enoughmazdaspeedkt will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 8.5MS3 View Post
changing the rear mount takes roughly a half hr, not hard at all. having 2 people helps a lot as the engine may need to be rocked to get re aligned with the bolt holes. Not sure about the other 2 tho....

No, cobb's shifter weight has been discontinued, but if you do some digging you may find a few vendors still have some. i got mine from JSCSpeed. you could also just get a saw and cut half the stock weight off
Thanks for the info.
mazdaspeedkt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #4

soccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have heard that some people drill holes in their stock weight for the same effect. The rear motor mount is cake. The side engine mount and the tranny mount are more challenging but very doable, you have to hold the engine up with a jack when you replace those two and I would recommend a tq wrench to make sure the bolts get tight enough. If you plan on doing the side mounts there is a great write-up on SUF, there may be one on this site as well but idk.

Mods: Vibrant 3" SRI, CP-E 3" TIP, GT3071 IWG, Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco Pistons, BSD, PG Exhaust Mani V3, CP-E Catted Downpipe, Borla CBE, CP-E FMIC, Cobb AP, CP-E HPFP, Turbosmart DP BOV, Cobb SS + Bushings, Cobb Shifter Weight.

Sponsored by NATOR VA
soccerballz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soccerballz For This Useful Post:
wette460 (03-04-2011)
 Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

rear and passenger mounts are easy and the engine doesn't shift much.

the tranny mount isn't hard, but you have to remove your battery and the engine really shifts if your jacks aren't in the right place. there's a great how to by abilor over on 247.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #6

reddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the worldreddeerspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,336 Times in 146 Posts
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

i took me about 2hrs to install my side mounts. now that i've had them out-in-out again, the last time i pulled them out was 45min. a torque wrench is an absolute must for any of the mounts, and i use blue loctite for piece of mind. torque specs for the mounts can be found in the shop service manual
 Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #7

kevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

at what point do upgraded motor mounts pay off? DO you have to be pushing major HP to see any improvement?
 Old 12-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #8

soccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The rear motor mount will pay off on a stock ms3, its a must have. The sides help but aren't necessary on motors that are just lightly modded, imo anyway.

Mods: Vibrant 3" SRI, CP-E 3" TIP, GT3071 IWG, Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco Pistons, BSD, PG Exhaust Mani V3, CP-E Catted Downpipe, Borla CBE, CP-E FMIC, Cobb AP, CP-E HPFP, Turbosmart DP BOV, Cobb SS + Bushings, Cobb Shifter Weight.

Sponsored by NATOR VA
The Following User Says Thank You to soccerballz For This Useful Post:
predapio (12-11-2009)
 Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
at what point do upgraded motor mounts pay off? DO you have to be pushing major HP to see any improvement?
watch one of those sri install videos on youtube and see how much the ms3 engine shakes on the stock mz3 mounts.

i'd say upgraded rear and tranny mounts are worth it on an otherwise stock car (less wheel hop and missed shifts). an upgraded passenger mount is probably just preventive from the stocker going poop.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
 Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #10

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is what your motor is doing under the hood

scary isnt it...rmm cleans that up a lot
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 8.5MS3 For This Useful Post:
JNR5005 (01-08-2010), karl-hungus (12-03-2009), tbear2001 (06-08-2010), xfeejayx (06-08-2010)
 Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #11

kevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wow, that is impressive! so what brand is best, and where do i start?
 Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #12

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,825 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a CPe rear engine mount, and its like they combined some sort of magic pixie dust, and black magic voodoo to make a stiff engine mount that didnt rattle my car to death.

i dig it. I tried the poly TRZ and Delrin TRZ and both were MUCH MUCH more vibrations.
kgb (03-31-2010)
 Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #13

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

With the mods in my sig i can def tell you that you need mounts all around! The RMM does a good job for a while but as you get closer to fully bolted it doesnt cut it. I have SU rmm in right now and getting the other 2 SU mounts when the mail comes. With my mods you can feel the engine move esspecially around turns. Also the whole engine shakes pretty good when you turn on the car and turn it off so i want to prevent all those movements. Its gonna suck for vibrations though!
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

[Today 11:50 PM] aaronc7: i just measured mine, a little over 12
wakeboarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

cp-e 75 duro is awesome
 Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

trz combo ftw.
 Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

full SU mount set

Sponsored by NATOR VA
 Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #17

Mcopping is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!
Mcopping is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #18

RayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,092 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 234
Groaned at 154 Times in 122 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you cant find the shifter cobb shifter weight anywhere i have one im willing to sell you.

'08 MazdaSpeed3 - sold
RayRayBauder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #19

NewMexican will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just have the rear, feels real solid but when the car is ideling with the AC on its kinda annoying.....
NewMexican is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #20

BudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,253 Times in 454 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Re: Engine mounts?

I also have the CP-E rmm, but still get hop. I'm going to try SU other two mounts as well. Probably the ptp kicker mount too.
BudUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #21
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BudUMfan View Post
I also have the CP-E rmm, but still get hop. I'm going to try SU other two mounts as well. Probably the ptp kicker mount too.
i'd start with a tranny mount and see what that does for you. i added a passenger mount in fear of the stocker exploding, but i don't think it's necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
BudUMfan (12-12-2009)
 Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #22

erod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,135 Times in 115 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 16 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea my bone stock car bucked the fan off the TMIC on the dyno, heh. Once I saw that I knew I had to start looking into mounts.
erod550 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #23

BudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the worldBudUMfan is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pat bateman
i'd start with a tranny mount and see what that does for you. i added a passenger mount in fear of the stocker exploding, but i don't think it's necessary.

I'll start there! Thanks.
 Old 12-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #24

HLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,967 Times in 579 Posts
Groans: 109
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

all you need to do is remove 4 bolts right? i just got my RMM in yesterday and i'm thinking of doing it tomorrow morning... just need to get it done before i have to leave for classes... lol, maybe i should wait till the weekend
HLR Element is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #25
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HLR Element View Post
all you need to do is remove 4 bolts right? i just got my RMM in yesterday and i'm thinking of doing it tomorrow morning... just need to get it done before i have to leave for classes... lol, maybe i should wait till the weekend
rear...

HOW TO: Install TRZ DogBone Rear MotorMount - Mazda Forums

tranny...

How to: Install TRZ Transmission Mount - Mazda Forums

247 sucks...

Hello faggot it appears that you have not posted on Mazda Forums (Mazdas247.com) in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another Member in the Community?

See you on the forums!

Sincerely,
Antoine Tokar
 Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #26

HLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,967 Times in 579 Posts
Groans: 109
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ post pics of naked people and get banned, you'll stop getting those emails lol, and thanks for the links... just wasn't sure how great 247 was for tutorials, i found one of M3F and that one seems fine too
HLR Element is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #27

zigezig is a name known to allzigezig is a name known to allzigezig is a name known to allzigezig is a name known to allzigezig is a name known to allzigezig is a name known to all
Groans: 1
Groaned at 16 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for all the info all. now going to look for the diy rmm
 Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #28

mrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to beholdmrjoshyman is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone have a recommendation of a tranny mount vs ETD? i've currently got the SU rmm installed and an ETD thats still in the box. wondering would would be preferable as far as performance gain & minimal increase in vibes....dont wanna install the ETD if id b better off w/ a tranny mount
mrjoshyman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #29

carfanatic101 has a spectacular aura aboutcarfanatic101 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Need to do mine Bad
carfanatic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #30

blackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the worldblackrs99 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You prolly won't have to rock the engine if u use a spare jack to just raise it a half a click (depending on the jack). I did that and everything went smooth.

::: Cobb AP ::: HTP 3" Full Intake ::: Ebay DP ::: CNT CBE ::: JBR Triology ::: JBR SSP ::: JBR RSB ::: CS TMIC ::: MSD Dashhawk ::: White PC RX-8 Wheels wrapped in Continental DWS 225-40-18 :::

::: DIZZY TUNED by Boost_creep :::
blackrs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #31

nycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,811 Times in 423 Posts
Groans: 129
Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just a quick question...

Im assuming some of you go to the dealer for various reasons, did the dealer ever hassle you guys for the mount?

09 MS3 tuned by Nishan
nycMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skHTE View Post
Just a quick question...

Im assuming some of you go to the dealer for various reasons, did the dealer ever hassle you guys for the mount?
no
 Old 01-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Never.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalkreplace
 Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #34

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know it's been said a million times already, but the rear mount is easy and makes the car drive 100x better. After about 10 minutes trying to rock the new one in, I took out those two tranny bracket bolts and the thing slid right in and all the bolts lined right up. You definitely feel the vibrations but it's nothing major. For reference I have the street unit one with the street bushing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3504.JPG (350.5 KB, 79 views)
 Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #35

Sniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the worldSniper2606 is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 32 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i been looking at all the forums i could and see an installation with pictures for the rear mount and side mounts.. but no luck, unless im blind,, anybody that has a link i would really appreciate

2011 WRX STI pro tune Invidia Downpipe and Exhaust,Cobb Intake Cobb AP 91

The nigga bought aluminum tubes! Do I need to tell you what the fuck you can do with an aluminum tube!?! ALUMINUM!!

Dave Chappelle
Sniper2606 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
i been looking at all the forums i could and see an installation with pictures for the rear mount and side mounts.. but no luck, unless im blind,, anybody that has a link i would really appreciate
StreetUnitForum.com

Sponsored by NATOR VA
 Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #37

jliu will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just installed the CPE-RMM / 60. The shifting is totally different from stock. Very direct and smooth. The install was very easy. Make sure you take the three bolts off of the tranny bracket. This will make the install a lot easier.

There is a slight vibration when I tip the throttle, but it is very slight. Overall very please with the upgrade. My 08.5 only has 14,000 miles and the stock RMM look fine but the improvement with the CPE RMM is instantaneous.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jliu For This Useful Post:
kgb (03-31-2010)
 Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jliu View Post
I just installed the CPE-RMM / 60. The shifting is totally different from stock. Very direct and smooth. The install was very easy. Make sure you take the three bolts off of the tranny bracket. This will make the install a lot easier.

There is a slight vibration when I tip the throttle, but it is very slight. Overall very please with the upgrade. My 08.5 only has 14,000 miles and the stock RMM look fine but the improvement with the CPE RMM is instantaneous.
I only took two bolts off and used the third to swivel it on, worked out well. That vibration will go away as your mount breaks in.

Sponsored by NATOR VA
 Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #39
Banned

jmonterr will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought a set of trz mounts does any one have any recommendations for bushings and when they would have to be replaced?
jmonterr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #40

sean80 has a spectacular aura aboutsean80 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

The rear mount is easy to install. Just 4 bolts. I did it with the car on ramps, it's a little tight, but you can do it. Once you get the mount in and are trying to line the 3 bolts up, just push up on the motor. I spent 15 minutes trying to wrestle the mount around until I figured that out lol. I put the SU mount in and it makes a huge difference. The power is now getting to the ground in 1st and 2nd (for the most part).
sean80 is offline   Reply With Quote