register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #1

LowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Any tips with the Treadstone tr8 kit?

Hello. My google-fu has failed and I've turned up no results. Is anybody here running the tr8 kit made by Treadstone including their crash bar and piping kit? I have one on the way to me and was wondering about any install tips you may have for this. Besides fuel pump internals this will be the most in depth job I've done. The bumper removal is no problem as I've taken out my lights a few times.
Any pictures are more than welcome also.

Sent from my LG-H820 using tapatalkreplace
LowFlyin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

LowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant futureLowFlyin has a brilliant future
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update: I recently got the kit in and threw it on the next day. Fitment was great, went on very easily. The whole process took around 2.5 hours, the most time consuming was finding where the front bumper was hitting. Ended up being the foam on the stock grill piece. A small notch needs cut/melted on each side for the Treadstone crash bar to clear.

I ended up cutting a spare grill I had and didn't use the foam at all but you get the idea..

The Following User Says Thank You to LowFlyin For This Useful Post:
Tifosi42 (12-18-2016)
 Old 12-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

Tifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good to hear you didn't have any fitment issues. I eventually (probably next year) plan on going with a FMIC and had considered this one, but previous fitment issues had me steering clear of this kit. I may have to reconsider now.
 Old 12-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,756 Times in 4,725 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

@LowFlyin; do you have a front shot with the bumper on? Interested in how it looks with the grill like that.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
@LowFlyin; do you have a front shot with the bumper on? Interested in how it looks with the grill like that.

Ill get a better one after work.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #6

Janks has a spectacular aura aboutJanks has a spectacular aura aboutJanks has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just received this intercooler, going for a different pipe routing though. the bumper cut out of the "many chins" looks quite good!

'11 Speed 3
Built motor (Manley h beams mahle pistons no headwork) Gt3582r Stock intake/exhaustTr8 Cs bpv Aem meth (1000cc)
Neo coils Jbr 3.5 intake Jbr trans mount cpe rmm corksport pmm Ss lines Hp+ pads Bm spec aero tuned by Nishan
Let's see what it'll do build

'85 Rx7 Gs
Gsl rear end full exhaust, rb header vibrant reso/ muffler, fc front subframe swap in the near future, keep it classic cruiser

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Just received this intercooler, going for a different pipe routing though. the bumper cut out of the "many chins" looks quite good!
What kind of different routing?