register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By g00s3y
  • 1 Post By eliwwjd

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #1

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 61 Times in 34 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Switched to Forged bpv v2

Just recently changed to forged bpv v2

FMDVMAZ3-S-2.jpg

and just wanted to know from those who have this valve at this very moment, what has been the perfect spring combination. It only came with blue and red spring but I have 2 shims that I can install to start with.
I read through this thread but still wanted to ask being it an old thread

Forge bpv. Which Spring/shim?

I thought of starting with blue and 2 shims but wanted to see as today what is the consensus. Don't know if these new springs are still underrated. I'm practically fully bolted tuned by freektune on 93 pump gas with a boost of 21 psi at peak. Can look at my signature mods. Thanks for your inputs
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//COBB RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 235/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

eliwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #2

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

blue 2 shims
KiwiFlavor likes this.
KiwiFlavor (04-12-2018)
 Old 04-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #3

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
blue 2 shims
What mods you have? how much boost you run?

Where you take apart this bpv to switch springs?
dam they seal the thing
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//COBB RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 235/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

Old 04-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #4

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,541 Times in 943 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
blue 2 shims
This.

Running this set up on my car with BNR S3 and 23 psi boost.

One of the ends is a threaded cap. If im not mistaken, it's the end where you connect the TIP hose. That cap is on there good. Trust me you are going to mar and nick your BPV lol. I have to use slip joint pliers every single time lol. I grab it by the hose nipple and just turn the damn thing open.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
This.

Running this set up on my car with BNR S3 and 23 psi boost.

One of the ends is a threaded cap. If im not mistaken, it's the end where you connect the TIP hose. That cap is on there good. Trust me you are going to mar and nick your BPV lol. I have to use slip joint pliers every single time lol. I grab it by the hose nipple and just turn the damn thing open.
Is there a way of unscrewing this cap without scuffing or nicking the valve?is there a possibility of doing it with plastic slip joint pliers?
Second, on what part or side of spring goes the 2 shims? i read on a threat here that wrong chim installment can cause compressor surge

Old 04-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #6

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by eliwwjd View Post
Is there a way of unscrewing this cap without scuffing or nicking the valve?is there a possibility of doing it with plastic slip joint pliers?

Second, on what part or side of spring goes the 2 shims? i read on a threat here that wrong chim installment can cause compressor surge

You can. Go to the gym and strengthen those hands. Lol

Yeah probably it will work. Just need something to grab onto it.

I for some reason cannot remember where the shims go. This reminds me to give my bpv a good lubing lol.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
 Old 04-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
You can. Go to the gym and strengthen those hands. Lol

Yeah probably it will work. Just need something to grab onto it.

I for some reason cannot remember where the shims go. This reminds me to give my bpv a good lubing lol.
hahahaha! yeah need to go to the gym!
Listen man, lube your bpv asap so you can clarify me where the shims go
KiwiFlavor likes this.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Switched to Forged bpv v2

hahahaha! yeah need to go to the gym!

Listen man, lube your bpv asap so you can clarify me where the shims go

Lol! I think the shim goes like this

Valve > Shim > springs

https://youtu.be/IZ0D-Elnyu4

That’s the V1 but the principle stays the same

Last edited by KiwiFlavor; 04-12-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey kiwi i remember reading that forged valves were made in billet, is this really true?

Old 04-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey kiwi i remember reading that forged valves were made in billet, is this really true?

TBH, I have no clue..