register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - ECU Computer Tuning
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree10Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not really. If the canister is hot, it will push less. Freezing cold, way more. There have been "factory freak" turbos capable of pushing way more than that stock. Also elevation plays a factor in how much you make with 0% wgdc.

The only way to know for sure what your spring pressure is, is to test it.
 Old 01-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #2

Inquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Enki View Post
Not really. If the canister is hot, it will push less. Freezing cold, way more. There have been "factory freak" turbos capable of pushing way more than that stock. Also elevation plays a factor in how much you make with 0% wgdc.

The only way to know for sure what your spring pressure is, is to test it.
Thanks – I was afraid of that.

Cobb further states that we can only hit double the actuator spring’s tension. My K04 hits 22.73 psi at sea level on 95 RON without KR, which I hold, then taper. Double my “virtual” (if I may) actuator’s spring of 12.47 is 24.94. So, 22.73 psi is possible according to Cobb’s actuator pressure axiom, but the area under the K04’s curve suggests that 22 psi is the max (yes, perhaps a Unicorn). My follow-on question is that when purchasing a BT, shouldn’t one choose (or adjust if external) the highest waste-gate actuator spring setting offered?
 Old 01-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #3

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Thanks – I was afraid of that.

Cobb further states that we can only hit double the actuator spring’s tension. My K04 hits 22.73 psi at sea level on 95 RON without KR, which I hold, then taper. Double my “virtual” (if I may) actuator’s spring of 12.47 is 24.94. So, 22.73 psi is possible according to Cobb’s actuator pressure axiom, but the area under the K04’s curve suggests that 22 psi is the max (yes, perhaps a Unicorn). My follow-on question is that when purchasing a BT, shouldn’t one choose (or adjust if external) the highest waste-gate actuator spring setting offered?
This depends too; when talking about the K04, RPM is a factor here. With boost source at the turbo, I could only hit 17 PSI on pump gas @ 6k RPM. On 50/50, I can only hit 14.5-15 PSI depending on weather. On full corn, I could only make 12 PSI at the same RPM in the winter.
 Old 01-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #4

Inquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the worldInquisitive is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Enki View Post
This depends too; when talking about the K04, RPM is a factor here. With boost source at the turbo, I could only hit 17 PSI on pump gas @ 6k RPM. On 50/50, I can only hit 14.5-15 PSI depending on weather. On full corn, I could only make 12 PSI at the same RPM in the winter.
I hit 22.73 psi at 3500 rpms, which appears to be related to my OCC filling up too soon (~850 kms / 500 miles). I think the PCV Plate is going into siphon mode rather than ring failure (no black smoke with just cat-2). I am scheduling a compression and leak down test to confirm my denial. If I am proved correct, then I suspect a VTA won’t help.

Originally Posted by udntknw View Post
finally got around to checking this out. its not a big deal, but the Knock Decay Magnitude and Decay rate are labeled as "delay magnitude" and "delay rate".
Thanks, good catch, corrected for next version
 Old 01-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #5

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
My follow-on question is that when purchasing a BT, shouldn’t one choose (or adjust if external) the highest waste-gate actuator spring setting offered?
No you should pick your spring to be 1/2 to 3/4 of your targeted boost so you'll still have some control with your ECBS.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamie For This Useful Post:
Inquisitive (01-26-2015), MD1032 (01-26-2015)
 Old 01-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shamie View Post
No you should pick your spring to be 1/2 to 3/4 of your targeted boost so you'll still have some control with your ECBS.
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
 Old 04-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ATR User Manual for Hybrid Tuning

Version 1.01.r

• KR (knock retard) saves motors. (Putin 2.3T) in Ignition Advance
• Added problem / solution table, plugs,TP coolant bypass and spill valve to Knock
• Added note on not being able to transfer data-logs with file size N/A in How to Datalog
• Moved Normal Progression of Modifications (Stages) and Abbreviations / Acronyms / Glossary and Mazda 3 OBD Codes to separate documents
• Added Sections: Decelerating KR, Spreadsheet MAF Calibration, Blended (Power / Economy), Compression and Leak-Down Tests
• Finished results table to Econ-7 and interpretation in More Economy
• Typo corrected: changed Delay to Decay in Knock Tables > Knock Retard - Decay Magnitude and Rate A & B (udntknw)

Normal Progression of Modifications (Stages)

Version 1.00.l

• Sample size stabilising / stabilised
• Quantified heat soaking in Intercooler (MSMS3)
BPV / BOV intros enhanced (irishking03)
• Added to Cat-less intro (MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex)
• Added “stock or BT” fitment to Corksport DP
• Added TurboXS, Vibrant, HKS, XForce to CBE
• Expanded Ziggo’s EGR Delete explanation
• FJ Motorsports (previously PG) in IC and PMM (not available)
• Added part number for Ford RMM
• Warning issued for Minervra Motorwerkz TMM
• Added DIY SRI / TIP and Battery Trays to accommodate wide Intake Kits Sections
• Added AWR & Damond Motorsports to PMM
• Added AWR & TRZ to TMM
• Added AutoExe to ABE
• Added Bypass Valve Hose Section and three vendors: JBR, CP-E and CS
• Added bending of Wiseco oil squirters, Molnar, Posifab and Manley to Forged Pistons
• Added DCR VVT, Lucas Break-in oil
• Added Treadstone, DOC Race and Boost Junkyz to Upgraded Exhaust Manifold
• Added SpeedPerf6manc3 to BSD
• Added ARP types with warning and SpeedPerf6manc3 L19 Head Studs to Main Studs
• Added Molnar to Con Rods
• Added new section: Main Bearings with Clevite Bearings
• Added new section: Rod Bearings with King & Clevite Bearings
• Added SpeedPerf6manc3 and note CS discontinued to Camshaft & Valve Springs
• Added Kozmic Motorsports K27 5th and 6th Port Injection Kits and InjectorRX to Larger fuel injectors
• Added descriptions (and “How it works” links) to Bars, Rear (and Front) Sway Bars, End-links, Front Strut, Rear Camber Arms, Mid-Chassis Brace, Front Traction Bars
• Added Racing Beat and Hotchkis to Front Sway-Bar
• Added Steeda and Racing Beat to End-links
• Added Performance Autowerksracing Chassis Brace to Mid-Chassis Brace
• Added GTSPEC, Autoexe and Ultra Racing to Front Traction Bars
• Added CorkSport, TB Performance and Ultra Racing to Rear Strut Bars
• Added new section: Front Adjustable Camber and CorkSport
• Added Skid Plates section and CorkSport
• Added GTSPEC and Ultra Racing to Other Bars

Abbreviations / Acronyms / Glossary and Mazda 3 OBD Codes

Version 1.01.r

• Added Boost Junkyz, DCR, DOC Race, King, LuK Clutch, Manley (available from), McMaster-Carr, Molnar, Piasini, Steeda, tuned to Glossary

I’ve been busy, see below, but gleaning from the experience helped to update this OP.

New Threads:

The Official Turbo Manifold Thread - Exhaust Manifold, Port & Polish and Intake Manifold
The Official Turbo Manifold Thread

Official Suspension Bars and Braces Thread - Bars, but not the thirst-quenching kind, & Braces, but not the kind that hold up pants
Official Suspension Bars and Braces Thread

The Official Engine Build Components Thread - Blown Engine?
The Official Engine Build Components Thread

Updated the following:

The Motor Mount Thread
The Motor Mount Thread
Moved to OP
The Motor Mount Thread

THE OFFICIAL INTAKE THREAD!!
Moved to OP

BOV/BPV Thread
BOV/BPV Thread
Moved to OP
BOV/BPV Thread

The Official Gen 1/2 Mazdaspeed 3 Intercooler Thread
Moved to OP

The Official Downpipe/Test Pipe/Race Pipe Thread
Moved to OP

Official Gen One MS3 CBE Thread!!
Moved to OP

Last edited by Inquisitive; 04-22-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Inquisitive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inquisitive For This Useful Post:
altaprecision (04-23-2015), Enki (04-22-2015), MD1032 (04-22-2015), Rich990 (05-25-2015)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f426/atr-user-manual-hybrid-tuning-noobs-early-170894/
Posted By For Type Date
Forum Mazda Performance Series - Zobacz temat - Dywagacje odno?nie e-tuningu This thread Refback 10-06-2015 12:44 PM
How do I AccessPORT? [xpost /r/Mazdaspeed] : mazda This thread Refback 05-18-2015 12:28 PM
Self-tuning adventure! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 01-19-2015 02:56 AM
MPS 6 new owner - Cobb flash stage 1 not hitting target boost - Page 2 This thread Refback 12-19-2014 02:13 AM
Mega "How to" thread for genpu speed3s! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 11-29-2014 12:56 PM
Enginge Mods MPS3 2007 This thread Refback 10-29-2014 08:48 PM
paulabreu's logs This thread Refback 07-31-2014 02:11 PM
Cobb Access Port FAQ - Page 11 This thread Refback 05-26-2014 04:02 AM