register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Car Audio & Electronics
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #1

rdtk1 has a spectacular aura aboutrdtk1 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Aftermarket Stereo System Transfer

Hello,
I have just purchased my 3rd Mazda. A 2010 Speed3. I want to transfer my aftermarket stereo from my old 2008 MZ3 to MS3. I have 4 6x8 door speakers, 1 10inch Sub, and 2 amps, a device (forget what it is called) to tap into audio signal for RCA connections to feed to amps, and other wiring. The goal is to get this done in 1 day, this sunday

I want to retain as many stock speakers as possible, including to keep the BOSE amp.
I will be replacing door speakers with my aftermarket sets, adding my sub to trunk. I was thinking to either grab audio signal from wires going from head unit to stock amp. From there the RCA will travel to aftermarket Amp used for aftermarket SUB. This amp has RCA outputs which will then be connected to 2nd aftermarket amp and new wiring run to aftermarket door speakers. I will be leaving the existing wiring for BOSE system alone, as much as I can.

But after watching some youtube videos to plan out the process in my head, I noticed that the tweeter on front doors is feed off of the mid-range door speakers in series. If I connect the tweeter speaker wire to the wire coming from stock amp, will this harm the stock tweeter or stock amp? anyone know how many Ohms/watts the stock speaker door speaker and tweeters are?

Also any feedback to which wires I should tap into for audio signal going to 1st aftermarket amp?
rdtk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The tweeters are in parallel not series and they have a capacitor (low pass filter) in series so you'll be fine hooking them up in parallel with your door speakers. If they are the BOSE tweets they are ~2ohms but you probably won't hear the difference and your amp surely won't care (there is very little current draw from tweets).

The door speakers are ~2ohms also. Just reusing the rears probably will be fine with your aftermarket amp.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shamie For This Useful Post:
rdtk1 (10-20-2017)