register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Torque Specs & information
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree23Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #1

dr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 22 Times in 8 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default installing downpipe

ill be recieving tomorrow to tuesday the downpipe and wanted to know if i can do it with the ramps or should i got to a shop and have a lift what u suggest

Car: Mazdaspeed3 2010 VRM- BNR S3 Turbo*FreekTuned*363HP 360TQ-DDM 6000k ,tinted 5%,K&N short ram - COBB AP V3 - COBB XLE bpv - JBR SSP stage 2 - JBR billet 80 RMM - JBR heavy shift knob - cp-e fuel pump - COBB inlet -COBB downpipe - COBB CBE - ETS TMIC black- FALKEN AZENIS tires - NGK LTR7IX-11 plugs - Corksports led kit - Corksport fog led kit.-Aeroforce gauges dual with blockhead dual gauge pod- CS boost tube -KNIGHTSPORTS REAR BUMPER - GS EBCS - 3 Bar Map - mgp brake calipers- corksport rear bumper lights - TWM short shifter - JBR TB/IM TI - EGR block - Njspeed pnp IM - K&W V3 coilover - Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler - corksport hood scoop - WORK wheels 18 x 9.5 + 38 rear and 18 x 8 +38 front

ptp studs/seals pending

mazda 323 2002 hiboost turbo 1.6L-Automatic- Wife's car
dr_banano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr_banano For This Useful Post:
seby1992 (10-02-2013)
 Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,779 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's doable on ramps. That's how mine was done
manelscout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manelscout4life For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #3

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's gonna take you a lot longer on ramps/stands, but it's doable. Be very patient. Give yourself 6-8 hours if this is your first DP install. Read as much HowTo guides as possible, and remember to be careful with the O2 sensors as they are very expensive to replace.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
adlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adlpb For This Useful Post:
Broxer (09-01-2011), Monotonous ONE (08-01-2011), rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #4

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,694 Times in 1,518 Posts
Groans: 451
Groaned at 89 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did mine on jackstands last week. Not too bad. See if you can get a second set of hands, that would have made it cake for me. Get a ratcheting 14mm for the DP to turbo bolts when you reinstall it. Make sure you have several extensions and at least a swivel for your socket. Wear gloves.

Oh, and get a can or two of PB Blaster and start soaking that shit now.

Last edited by Bucker; 07-31-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Bucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bucker For This Useful Post:
Monotonous ONE (08-01-2011), rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #5

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bucker View Post
I did mine on jackstands last week. Not too bad. See if you can get a second set of hands, that would have made it cake for me. Get a ratcheting 14mm for the DP to turbo bolts when you reinstall it. Make sure you have several extensions and at least a swivel for your socket. Wear gloves.

Oh, and get a can or two of PB Blaster and start soaking that shit now.
The PB blaster is really key here. Mine took about 3.5 hours with bullshitting and it was dark. Make sure you dont overtighten where it butts up to the exhaust. Have some patience lining it up with the turbo from underneath the car, a second set of hands here really wouldnt suck.

I PB blasted mine the night before, morning of, and 1 hour prior to installation. I also did it when the motor was warm, makes the o2 sensors come out a bit easier. The pb blaster will smoke a tad when the engine gets hot, dont be alarmed.
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
thatsmrgimp2u is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatsmrgimp2u For This Useful Post:
BPASPEED (10-07-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #6

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,814 Times in 555 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed a DP yesterday. First time for me and it took a good 7 hours...

- I did it with the car up on jack stands and it wasn't bad at all. Just make sure you do all the work you need to do topside before raising it.

- To reiterate what was already said, read as many how-to guides as you can find. I printed out 4 different ones. They were all relatively the same, except for a few steps here and there. So it allowed me to put together my own plan of attack.

- I ended up removing all the heat shields in the engine bay, which was honestly the most time consuming part for me. But by doing so, I was able to remove the 5 turbo nuts from the top.

- I had 10K miles on my car and the top O2 sensor and 5 turbo nuts came off like butter.

- The second O2 sensor was the only problem I ran into. It would not come out. I PB'd the shit out of it, took a blowtorch to it, but it just wouldn't budge. Thankfully, I bought new sensors for backup, just in case I fucked them up.

- When putting it all back together, check and re-check everything. I managed to miss tightening one of the TMIC hose clamps, but caught it during my re-check. I also always torque everything twice.

- Tools that saved my ass: 18" breaker bar + wobble extensions.

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs EGR Delete Rear Sway Bar RMM PSMM TMM HTP 3" TIP Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF Shortcut CounterShift Anchors AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe Test Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zïgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
skeurton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeurton For This Useful Post:
BPASPEED (10-07-2011), uncorked11 (12-05-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #7

irishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Probably easier to do on the lift..

End of Drive 9/24/2013

2012 Liquid Silver
Cobb AP
irishking03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to irishking03 For This Useful Post:
skeurton (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #8

warlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 60 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@skeurton. Where did you buy the post cat sensor? Decent price? I'm doing my dp install sometime this week.

2017 Audi A4 APR tuned 315 AWHP (sold)
2014 IS350 (sold)
2013 MS3 Stage2 E85 (sold)
2011 MS3 Stage2 (sold)
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #9

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did it with JBarone and it was a first for both of us. It took about 3.5 hours.

The two tips I have are:

1)take lots of time with the 02 sensor, douse that shit in pb blaster and just keep working it back and fourth super slow... I made us spend about 20 minutes going back and fourth to make sure that I didn't have to buy a new one... However I had to apply tons of force for the first jolt... we actually broke the first o2 socket!... Which leads me to the second and most important tip

2) Get as much off as you can easily, then, turn the car on and let that shit idle for a good 5-10 minutes so everything gets super hot, then proceed with all the hard to loosen shit... This made everything SO MUCH easier for us.

... we did it on jack stands.
Ckmazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ckmazdaspeed3 For This Useful Post:
bertrand_CX_7 (08-04-2011), BPASPEED (10-07-2011), rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #10

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by warlord View Post
Where did you buy the post cat sensor? Decent price? I'm doing my dp on Wednesday.
I got an OEM one from onlinemazdaparts.com for $138. Part number is L34B-18-861B. But you can get a Bosch or NGK post-cat sensor for cheaper. It was just easier to order both sensors at the same time. If you need a primary O2 sensor, unfortunately OEM is the only way to go and it costs $300. Since I was able to re-use the primary sensor, I'll probably sell the one I bought.

Here are the part numbers for NGK and Bosch:

NGK - 24442 (rockauto.com has these for $91 - LINK)

Bosch - 13581 (Amazon has these for $76)

Amazon.com: Bosch 13581 Oxygen Sensor, OE Type Fitment: AutomotiveAmazon.com: Bosch 13581 Oxygen Sensor, OE Type Fitment: Automotive

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs EGR Delete Rear Sway Bar RMM PSMM TMM HTP 3" TIP Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF Shortcut CounterShift Anchors AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe Test Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zïgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
BPASPEED (10-07-2011), turbo test (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #11

warlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great info! Since my car is three months old I'm hoping the sensors come out easy. If not I now know where to get them. Thanks.

2014 IS350 (sold)
2011 MS3 Stage2 (sold)
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #12

turbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed for good info.
2010 Velocity Red MS3-Eibach PRO-KIT-EVO X Rims-SU RMM-SU solid shifter bushings-CP-e HPFP-CP-e tip-CP-e cai-CP-e hks ssqv bov kit-ddm slim hid kit 35w-5000k-JBR Heavy Shift Knob-JBR RSB-AQ Motorsports catted downpipe-Magnaflow full 3in CBE- SPC camber arms (Stratified tuning) 91/e85 tuned
turbo test is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #13

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great info! Since my car is three months old I'm hoping the sensors come out easy. If not I now know where to get them. Thanks.
LOL, you would think so huh, but age seems to have nothing to do with it... hell (granted it was on an aftermarket down pipe), but we hand twisted jwilkins88 o2 sensors off last week!

And my car didn't have that many miles, but it was a bitch to get them out

and bewsted without many miles had his rear cross threaded from the factory!
Ckmazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I'm prepared, I've got two cans of PB, a torch, big ass breaker bar, swivel extensions, a heavy walled 02 socket from NAPA, your suggestion and the mind set that this bitch won't win. I will. LOL I'll probably do like you said: Bust loose what ever I can from the top and bottom. Whatever doesn't budge I'll warm up the car and then work on them till they do get loose.

How did you guys keep the o2 wires from laying on the new downpipe? The oem heatshield has those clips that keep the wires from laying up against the hot dp.

2014 IS350 (sold)
2011 MS3 Stage2 (sold)

Last edited by warlord; 07-31-2011 at 07:08 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warlord For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), SLOWHATCH (08-02-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #15

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OH! Also, I used an adjustable wrench to remove the second o2, my o2 socket flexed from too much torque so I said fuck it and used something better. That did the trick.
 Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is this enough selection for the o2 sensor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DP tools 001.JPG (331.5 KB, 153 views)
bertrand_CX_7 likes this.

2014 IS350 (sold)
2011 MS3 Stage2 (sold)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warlord For This Useful Post:
bertrand_CX_7 (08-27-2011), BPASPEED (10-07-2011), skeurton (07-31-2011), SLOWHATCH (08-02-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is this enough selection for the o2 sensor?
sledge hammer for stress relief if you can't get it out???

rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), SLOWHATCH (08-02-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

"The persuader".

2014 IS350 (sold)
2011 MS3 Stage2 (sold)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warlord For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), SLOWHATCH (08-02-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011), zpele (08-26-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL I was going to say... I wouldn't use the hammer on the sensor. Oh, another point... I pried the stocker off because I couldn't get it over the bottom left turbo stud... I know I could have removed the stud but that seemed like too much effort when I have a 30" screwdriver I have been itching to use.
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #20

MSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the worldMSpeedzilla is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have my pipe in the garage waiting to go in this week ill let you know how it goes too thanks for the PB tips im gonna start it now Lol
 Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #21

dr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

[QUOTE=How did you guys keep the o2 wires from laying on the new downpipe? The oem heatshield has those clips that keep the wires from laying up against the hot dp.[/QUOTE]

yeah what about it???

Car: Mazdaspeed3 2010 VRM- BNR S3 Turbo*FreekTuned*363HP 360TQ-DDM 6000k ,tinted 5%,K&N short ram - COBB AP V3 - COBB XLE bpv - JBR SSP stage 2 - JBR billet 80 RMM - JBR heavy shift knob - cp-e fuel pump - COBB inlet -COBB downpipe - COBB CBE - ETS TMIC black- FALKEN AZENIS tires - NGK LTR7IX-11 plugs - Corksports led kit - Corksport fog led kit.-Aeroforce gauges dual with blockhead dual gauge pod- CS boost tube -KNIGHTSPORTS REAR BUMPER - GS EBCS - 3 Bar Map - mgp brake calipers- corksport rear bumper lights - TWM short shifter - JBR TB/IM TI - EGR block - Njspeed pnp IM - K&W V3 coilover - Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler - corksport hood scoop - WORK wheels 18 x 9.5 + 38 rear and 18 x 8 +38 front

ptp studs/seals pending

Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dr_banano View Post
yeah what about it???
I was able to run it behind the foil heat shield that's against the firewall...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 205899_2261991393640_1364122874_2604833_5199428_n.jpg (52.3 KB, 1470 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skeurton For This Useful Post:
RedMS3 (04-27-2014), rfinkle2 (08-01-2011), warlord (08-02-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skeurton View Post
I was able to run it behind the foil heat shield that's against the firewall...

whats that grey stuff on the bolt?

ptp studs/seals pending

Old 08-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #24

krazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whats that grey stuff on the bolt?
Probably anti-seize
 Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by krazycoble View Post
Probably anti-seize
Anti-seize is right. I went a little overboard with it. You should have seen the big cloud of smoke coming from the engine bay as it burned off when I first started the car.

Sent from my DROIDX using tapatalkreplace

The Following User Says Thank You to skeurton For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-01-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

[QUOTE=skeurton;965230]Anti-seize is right. I went a little overboard with it. You should have seen the big cloud of smoke coming from the engine bay as it burned off when I first started the car.

Sent from my DROIDX using tapatalkreplace[/
should i aply that too??on the bolts??

ptp studs/seals pending

Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

should i aply that too??on the bolts??
Yeah, in case you need to take them off again. Anti-seize will... well... help prevent the nuts from seizing up onto the studs over the long run.

rfinkle2 (08-01-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh, and use anti-seize on the O2 sensors as well.

rfinkle2 (08-01-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #29

krazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skeurton View Post
Anti-seize is right. I went a little overboard with it. You should have seen the big cloud of smoke coming from the engine bay as it burned off when I first started the car.

I installed my downpipe 2 weekends ago and my car did the same thing lol. Yes, use some if you plan on taking it off one day.
skeurton (08-11-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #30

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In anticipation of my dp install (when it cools off in a couple months) I pulled my 02 sensor and anti-seized it. The hardest part was threading it back in, the stupid wires kept twisting. I'm going to do the bottom one next time I'm under the car.
rfinkle2 likes this.
rfinkle2 (08-02-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well just began today the intake is comingo on wendsday today i changed the plugs and sprayed wd40 on the bolts and the o2 senors planning on taking apart everything tomorow night so when i get the downpipe just begin isntallation going part by part taking my time better so i dont get frustated illl keep up with the install tomorrow
rfinkle2 likes this.

ptp studs/seals pending

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_banano For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-02-2011)
 Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #32

Cataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,450 Times in 794 Posts
Groans: 30
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well just began today the intake is comingo on wendsday today i changed the plugs and sprayed wd40 on the bolts and the o2 senors planning on taking apart everything tomorow night so when i get the downpipe just begin isntallation going part by part taking my time better so i dont get frustated illl keep up with the install tomorrow
Use PB Blaster, WD40 is about as useful as water on those bolts...they are HARD SEIZED on there

2008 GT MS3 - 307 WHP/338 WTQ
ATP GTX2867R - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb FMIC pipes + Treadstone TR8L - Cobb Catted Turboback - Cobb XLE BPV - Denso ITV22 plugs - Corksport Injector Seals - KMD HPFP - Cobb AP - CP-E RMM - Southbend Stage 3 Enduro Clutch/Flywheel - Bilstein B8s + Swift Springs - SPC Rear Camber Arms - Hotchkis RSB - MD OCC Kit - Enkei RPF1 - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 235/40/18

1995 Miata
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 185/60/14 - Koyo 37mm radiator - NAPA blank rotors - StopTech Street Performance pads - 949 Racing XIDA CS Coilovers - IL Motorsports suspension bushings - Racing Beat FSB - 949 Endlinks
Cataphract_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cataphract_40 For This Useful Post:
skeurton (08-01-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL WD40? Have you not read anything in here about how to remove it? You need something like PB Blaster to remove this shit.
 Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bucker View Post
LOL WD40? Have you not read anything in here about how to remove it? You need something like PB Blaster to remove this shit.
yeah i did but here i we dont get pb so i just have wd40 and the car is 4000 miles so i dont think they will be that hard ill be getting them today night after i give them a bit of heat

ptp studs/seals pending

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #35

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah i did but here i we dont get pb so i just have wd40 and the car is 4000 miles so i dont think they will be that hard ill be getting them today night after i give them a bit of heat
As posted before, how many miles you have doesn't really affect how tough it will be to remove the 02 sensors. I really suggest you order a couple cans of PB blaster online and wait to use them. WD-40 will not do anything. If you happen to cross thread the 02 sensors you're looking at at least $200 in parts and not being able to use your car until they arrive.
rfinkle2 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to adlpb For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-02-2011)
 Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

weill the best i could find is this i think this is beter then wd40 and got the anti seize yeeey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG01422-20110802-1309.jpg (37.5 KB, 52 views)

ptp studs/seals pending

Old 08-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #37

lax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond reputelax22pearl has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

figured this is a good question to post here but I got my dp installed by an exhaust shop and now both codes saying my sensors are bad are coming up. well have been there since I got my dp installed. well my question is that is there a way to test if they are actually bad or just need a defouler since I went catless
08 CWP MS3 GT -- CP-E Nano SRI-PG TIP-Turbosmart BPV-Ebay 3" catless DP-Cobb AP-TurboXS FMIC-KMD FP Internals-Medieval RMM-TWM STS-Redline Goods Shift/E-Brake boot and armrest cover-BC Coilovers-Advan SA3R 18x9.5 +22-Federal595 215/35/18
lax22pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lax22pearl View Post
figured this is a good question to post here but I got my dp installed by an exhaust shop and now both codes saying my sensors are bad are coming up. well have been there since I got my dp installed. well my question is that is there a way to test if they are actually bad or just need a defouler since I went catless
Most catless DP's will give you CEL's on a gen2. You have to live with it or get used to clearing the codes with your AP. Even CS advertises on their website that their catted DP will throw a CEL. UR revised theirs to fix the CEL issue, but some say it still happens.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #39

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think you do need a defouler on the bottom 02 sensor of an ebay dp. It was discussed on one of the ebay dp threads.
 Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #40

mglavina is a jewel in the roughmglavina is a jewel in the roughmglavina is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

ebay downpipe thread? Anyone have a link for that?

My ebay DP should be arriving soon and I wanted to see the issues I may run into with installation, sensors, fitments, CEL's, ect...

Autotech HPFP internals, M2 3" Catless Downpipe (+ bnoon bolt), 3" Cp-e Catback Exhaust, Corksport exhaust hangers, Forge BPV, Cobb SF SRI, Cobb TIP, Cobb AP: Stage 2 + SF + TIH 93, Denso ITV-22's, BC Coilovers BR Type, Mishimoto OCC
To install: CX Racing 29x9x3 intercooler + custom FMIC, TurbineTech rear diff mount, defrost vent pod gauge + other goodies
mglavina is offline   Reply With Quote