register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > JAMES BARONE RACING
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

JAMES BARONE RACING JBR is a leading manufacturer of high-quality aftermarket parts for the Mazda community. We take pride in our reputation for providing the highest-quality performance products at the best values, and we back up that reputation with outstanding customer service and free shipping. We are committed to the Mazda platform and we actively partner with other members of the community in our selection, design, and testing of new products to make sure they meet their needs. We control every step in the engineering and fabrication process to ensure the highest standards of workmanship. The result is a line of products whose performance and reliability have been proven both on the street and on the track. Visit us at jamesbaroneracing.com

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #1

scapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default JBR Stage 2 Rubbing

After installing the the stage 2, I realized the TBolt clamps are rubbing against the ECU Wire cover and the battery box with the Tbolts in the position shown on the instructions. Did anyone else have this problem and just change the orientation of the clamps. Mine are positioned just as the picture shows. I'll post up how its rubbing in a few minutes as well. Anybody have the same issue?
Attached Images
File Type: png JBR.png (1.18 MB, 101 views)
scapone4 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,013 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is a bracket that goes under one of the clamps on the right, bolts to where stock TIP used to be, and that holds it far from the ECU. I do not see it used in this pic.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
King Scumbag (04-09-2014), trancehead (04-09-2014)
 Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #3

scapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud ofscapone4 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Really? I don't know where said bracket is. Bracket comes with intake or is already on car? ImageUploadedBytapatalkreplace1397050306.812313.jpg

I attached the picture of where it's rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalkreplace
 Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

O nvm. I know what you're talking about. The one that you slip under the clamp?

The Following User Says Thank You to scapone4 For This Useful Post:
Raider (04-09-2014)
 Old 04-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by scapone4 View Post
O nvm. I know what you're talking about. The one that you slip under the clamp?

yup
 Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #6

King Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,075 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
yup
@Raider; he definately has that bracket there if you look closely. I am trying to remember if I had the same problem. I may have just rotated the clamps down a little bit.

ninja edit. that is not your pic in the OP!

Ninja on Ninja edit: Yes check for the clamp @Raider; desribed. Slides under the clamp on the front of the TIP and bolts to the nippl/bolt used for the stock turbo inlet mounting bracket
E25 382/375 GSD DynoJet 141020
STOCK BLOCK

FREEK KORN TUNE 335whp/356wtq ENM 14 K04
~ Ordnance, Droppn' Warheads of Foreheads Since 1922 ~
BOSTON STRONG

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
It's always better to build for more power than you'll ever make.
King Scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to King Scumbag For This Useful Post:
Raider (04-09-2014)
 Old 04-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default JBR Stage 2 Rubbing

Yea that's not my pic in the OP. Second one is. I was just using that showing how I oriented my clamps. I'll just reorient the clamps should be fine. Thanks guys

Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

So, did you use the clip thing already, or no?
 Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea thats on.
 Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #10

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,250 Times in 820 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rotate the clamps, no biggie. Mine is close but not touching.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Simple fix. Thanks guys