register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > CorkSport
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

CorkSport To say that CorkSport is passionate about Mazda Performance is understatement. It is the essence of what we do. Our mission to offer unparalleled customer service and support, an uncompromising commitment to the community, and deliver top quality performance parts is demonstrated with each product we develop to help fulfill your vehicles performance potential. At CorkSport we believe it doesn’t have to come in a fancy package or be the most expensive product on the market to be the best.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scare Dem
  • 1 Post By Cheapspeed

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Dgerth18 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 2010 speed corksport edition?

Okay I'm not quite sure where to post this but I just found a 2010 mazdaspeed 3 for sale at a local dealership and it looks like it has every corksport part that the eye can see, it has the obvious bolt ons and it even looks like an aftermarket turbo but I can't tell which one. I was wondering if you guys could help me by telling me what I should look for or even more so what I should look out for. I saw it the other day and I was stupid enough to only take two pictures. Please respond soon thanks.ImageUploadedBytapatalkreplace1417914113.755775.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.95 MB, 158 views)
 Old 12-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #2

MS3 USAF is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess by looking at the stock heat shield being there that it most likely is a stock turbo, or maybe a bnr. Also, I would drive and make sure you listen and get a compression test.That's just my things I would do, but I'm sure some of the other experts will know a lot more to do.
MS3 USAF is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3 USAF View Post
I guess by looking at the stock heat shield being there that it most likely is a stock turbo, or maybe a bnr. Also, I would drive and make sure you listen and get a compression test.That's just my things I would do, but I'm sure some of the other experts will know a lot more to do.

I looked in the back and it looked like an after market turbo, the workers were claiming it had 435 hp and I test drove it and it seemed pretty accurate. However the accessport was not hooked up and it was just sitting in the glovebox. I'll definitely have to go and try and get a picture but it's going to be difficult haha

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalkreplace
 Old 12-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #4

jdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,654 Times in 805 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3 USAF View Post
You can still have a bigger turbo and keep the stock heat shield.

Look at where the intake meets the turbo, if that coupler looks bigger than the tiny 2" K04 size then it's got a different turbo.

HTA 3076 | HTP 4" Intake, battery tray, under mount piping | CPE Exhaust Manifold, downpipe, FMIC & Stage 2 RMM | MD TMM and PMM | Tial MV-R ewg w/ Kozmic dump tube | VCTS delete/Ported IM | JBR OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/ oil pan baffle & RSB | SP63 Oil Cap Breather | Synapse SB BPV | UR CBE | Autotech HPFP | H & R Coilovers | Whiteline Endlinks | Manley Pistons & Rods | L19 Head Studs | Kozmic 6th Port w/ DW65c ITFP | Snow Performance Stg 2 Meth | JMF Manifold | SouthBend Stg 3 Endurance Clutch | Tuned with
jdmage_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #5

Scare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,538 Times in 852 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Post a link to the dealership.

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
GTX2867r

Scare Dem is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Scare Dem View Post
Post a link to the dealership.

Lol, the dealership was a joke they didn't even know anything about the car I already looked online but I'll post it anyway eugeneautofinancing.com

Old 12-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #7

Scare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the worldScare Dem is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I looked at their site and you are right, they don't state much about the car.

Read your welcome PM and there are some notes in there of what to look for when buying a used Speed3.

You can also go VIP and one of the benefits is FREE auto check for any vehicle you want.

As far as turbo, you will have to take pictures of that and we can tell you.

If it's coming with an AP, then that right there will save you some money.

Good luck man.
Dgerth18 likes this.

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
GTX2867r

The Following User Says Thank You to Scare Dem For This Useful Post:
Dgerth18 (12-06-2014)
 Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Scare Dem View Post
I looked at their site and you are right, they don't state much about the car.

Read your welcome PM and there are some notes in there of what to look for when buying a used Speed3.

You can also go VIP and one of the benefits is FREE auto check for any vehicle you want.

As far as turbo, you will have to take pictures of that and we can tell you.

If it's coming with an AP, then that right there will save you some money.

Good luck man.

How does the auto check work??? Thank you!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

You would type in the cars VIN in the appropriate thread and you will get the results.

We have a member on here that runs the reports. @Raider;

VIP has other perks, so if you know you want a Speed then it's worth it.

Edit:
Here is the link to post the VIN (it's on their website) if you decide to go VIP....
http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/foru...d.php?t=151187

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
GTX2867r

Last edited by Scare Dem; 12-06-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Added link.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scare Dem For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (12-07-2014)
 Old 12-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #10

kbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Loaded $12,000+ in parts alone!

There's another Corksport car for sale... You guys may remember him lol Former msf member..till he got that ban hammer.
kbz0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #11

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,429 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kbz0129 View Post
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Loaded $12,000+ in parts alone!

There's another Corksport car for sale... You guys may remember him lol Former msf member..till he got that ban hammer.
Didn't some of the highest HP speeds go for less than the 25k he's asking for?

I don't even like corksport, I wouldn't buy.
Yousuf likes this.
 Old 12-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #12

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1. Check VVT
2. Check compression
3. Feels like is has 435 whp? LOOOOOOOOOOL
4. Watch out, some of those Oregon folk are pretty retarded (hence half of them are banned)
 Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,013 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@CorkSport;, recognize this as a sponsored car?
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #14

kbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the worldkbz0129 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know for sure the craigslist car is or was Corksport sponsored.
kbz0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,232 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That was a sponsored car from a few years back. We just supplied the parts, the customer did the work himself. I do not know if there was an upgraded turbo installed on the cart.

-Derrick

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #16

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah, that would make sense I was not familiar with this car, probably before I started working at CS.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly whose black car that is, I'll have to ask him.
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote