register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 75 Times in 47 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 15" slicks on your MS3? Would you like...

to see this happen?

We have swapped the SRT4C brakes over from the regular caliber and it was difficult but its now an easy swap to make (just 6 bolts to take off and 6 more to install).

Would you like an option like this for your MS3. We would be swapping in the non speed brakes and it would be for "drag use only". This would allow for 15" rims and slicks to be ran on the car with the use of spacers and what not.

Let me know if this intrests you, thanks.
ptperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,014 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

would the track be an EXCELLENT place for good brakes? lol i dunno i seem to like stopping from 120 pretty quick.......
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
would the track be an EXCELLENT place for good brakes? lol i dunno i seem to like stopping from 120 pretty quick.......
Yes it would but its not repeated stops like on a road course and most tracks have enough room that you could stop your car with out braking (just coast to a stop). 10 second cars that weigh more then our car run smaller brakes to fit big wheels under them, I don't seen an issue with this but I would be doing full testing before releasing any info or selling the parts to the open public. These would be for "RACING ONLY". Using them on the street would be foolish.
 Old 09-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,996 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

My only concern is to have some traction bars aid with the assistance with the slicks. 15" provide some serious grip and it would be a shame to see the axles or mount snap because of it. Any solution to this that you could devise would be a big seller.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
My only concern is to have some traction bars aid with the assistance with the slicks. 15" provide some serious grip and it would be a shame to see the axles or mount snap because of it. Any solution to this that you could devise would be a big seller.
That is our concern as well. We have had the traction bars on the car several times now and we can not get rid of the motor lift. What I mean by this is the motor lifts up in the mounts and this is even with the solid mount in the rear. I have thought about chaining down the motor several times now but I don't want to rip a corner off the head or yank a bolt out of the motor casting. This motor lifts so bad in the MS3 that I am at a loss right now. Its as if both axles work to lift the motor up and not transfer the TQ into the ground. Horrible design from Mazda that we are tring to work around.

I will take a look at getting the plate bolted up to the cross beam for the traction bars then up to the front of the motor but I am not comfortable with this. I really don't want to yank a huge chunk out of the front of the motor. What I would do for a cast iron block right about now.
 Old 09-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #6

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,611 Times in 442 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

15" rims have already been fitted with spacers. If smaller brakes are being swapped on, I'd hope they would fit without spacers.
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Stock is just plain, gay.
SLS MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #7
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea driver already ran 15s, and i tested tracklites that fit...after u grind the caliper one cunt hair
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SLS MS3 View Post
15" rims have already been fitted with spacers. If smaller brakes are being swapped on, I'd hope they would fit without spacers.
I know this and that is why I want to get smaller brakes on the car. The huge spacers needed to run the smaller wheels is dangerous if you ask me.
 Old 09-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
yea driver already ran 15s, and i tested tracklites that fit...after u grind the caliper one cunt hair
Really? Have you made a How To on this? If you wouldn't mind sharing because I have the tires sitting here waiting for the smaller brakes to work but if they have rims out there that work.... I am game to get something like this on my car.
 Old 09-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

15 inch tracklite fit. They were on my car and bolted up, they even rotated but rubbed on the caliper. Shave the caliper and its no problem
 Old 09-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

15 inch tracklite fit. They were on my car and bolted up, they even rotated but rubbed on the caliper. Shave the caliper and its no problem
Offset? I know the rest and what width did you fit on the car? Thanks for this.
 Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #12
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ptperformance View Post
Offset? I know the rest and what width did you fit on the car? Thanks for this.
sorry i was wrong on the wheels.
These are the wheels that fit on my car.
15x7 35 offset team dynamics not tracklites
 Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #13
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sorry i was wrong on the wheels.
These are the wheels that fit on my car.
15x7 35 offset team dynamics not tracklites
Only 15 x 7's? Damn it I have 9" slicks sitting here that I need to get figured out and fitted on the car. Do they have 8's by any chance? I will be looking around for them as well but any help I would appreciate, thanks.
 Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #14

Boother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant futureBoother has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ptperformance View Post
I will take a look at getting the plate bolted up to the cross beam for the traction bars then up to the front of the motor but I am not comfortable with this. I really don't want to yank a huge chunk out of the front of the motor. What I would do for a cast iron block right about now.
You do not need to worry about this as the block has mount provisions on the front of it for when used in the rwd truck applications. That is why this works so well...

Turbinetech
Boother is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #15
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boother View Post
You do not need to worry about this as the block has mount provisions on the front of it for when used in the rwd truck applications. That is why this works so well...

Turbinetech
Yes it works well but what happens when you start to exceed those "stock" power levels? Let say we have someone making 500 WHP, will this mounting location support that amount of load? This is what is bothering me. Its going to be expensive if this location rips out of the block.
 Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #16

ms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to beholdms3-87 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boother View Post

Turbinetech
am i correct that you cant use this with a fmic???
ms3-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3-87 View Post
am i correct that you cant use this with a fmic???
I think it can not be used with a few different brands. I have seen it on the car and I think it will work with our set up, but I have to confirm this.
 Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #18
Banned

MS3_Noob is a jewel in the roughMS3_Noob is a jewel in the roughMS3_Noob is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

John you would have to go with a custom wheel that is a 15x8.5 with a +40mm or above offset in a 5x114.3 lug pattern.. to run without Spacers.
MS3_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #19

fbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 47 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

we need a 13" wheel to run a wider range of slicks IMO this car makes no where near the power for 26"s and thats the easiest size to get for 15'' wheels.

I woul dlike to see a 13'' wheel fit on this car running a 24.5 or a 25 inch slick by 8.5 or 9 to be exact.
fbpem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3_Noob View Post
John you would have to go with a custom wheel that is a 15x8.5 with a +40mm or above offset in a 5x114.3 lug pattern.. to run without Spacers.
Originally Posted by fbpem1 View Post
we need a 13" wheel to run a wider range of slicks IMO this car makes no where near the power for 26"s and thats the easiest size to get for 15'' wheels.

I woul dlike to see a 13'' wheel fit on this car running a 24.5 or a 25 inch slick by 8.5 or 9 to be exact.
Thanks guys I will see what I can dig up here in the next few weeks. Damn it.