register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree41Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #321

kerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond reputekerseyms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

finally getting some time off school to put the stock intake back on and drive up to the dealer to see what they can do, i always seem to get screwed over by dealerships since im "young". 19 years old and i own my damn car, so we'll see what happens, probably going to have my dad ride with me so they dont give me no shit lol
kerseyms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #322

Boostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

So let me get this straight...even if we are out of normal warranty we still have to go back to stock to get a RECALL fixed? Wtf my Stock IC is in a different state and my stock intake is long gone...I thought there was a law against denying service because of mods

Sorry to resurrect this but has anyone else tried getting the recall done modded
Boostedspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #323
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,013 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

#1, it is NOT A FUCKING RECALL.

No, not for out of warranty. If out of warranty, Spend the $1200 (bite the pillow, they go in dry) ad get it done.

If under 70K miles, and you expect free replacement, gather receipts of service (Per Warranty Extension) stock out, and go in.

There is no law against mods, but they can claim the added HP pushed the engine beyond it's intended purposes and then rape you (see pillow comment above).

If you have a mod-friendly dealer (hit up local Nator for tips) then you can try, but the Regional Manager, who is usually a dickhead, can see it and void your ass there on the spot.

Last edited by Raider; 04-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Koenig (04-21-2012), Tokay444 (04-17-2012)
 Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #324

Boostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

#1 excuse the fuck out of me
I assumed if something was bad enough of a problem that Mazda would extend everyone's warranty,they would make it a recall not a tsb
And I am under 70k but there's no way I am or can stock out,that is fucking ridiculous, it's their manufacturing fuck up in the first place.
#2 thanks for the reply even though you had to start off like a prick
Raider likes this.
 Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #325
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not my fault you cannot read "warranty extension program"...

Go modded then. See how it goes.
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #326

Not Ranked  0 score     

Apparently someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning but since I can't read the warranty paper and you can't read my previous post we should help each other, I'll start by repeating" my stock parts are halfway across the country right now so that's not an option " and you can help me by keeping the asshole comments to yourself
Raider likes this.
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #327

Spirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the world
Groans: 31
Groaned at 28 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

tjamison likes this.
Spirry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirry For This Useful Post:
Koenig (04-21-2012), Raider (04-17-2012)
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #328
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boostedspeed3 View Post
Apparently someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning but since I can't read the warranty paper and you can't read my previous post we should help each other, I'll start by repeating" my stock parts are halfway across the country right now so that's not an option " and you can help me by keeping the asshole comments to yourself
Ha.....

Post a wtb thread then, shit like that is cheaper than an out of pocket. Any tine spend researching would show your couched is fucked taking in modded to a dealer that is not mod friendly.

Oh, and you take things way too seriously.

Cuz I peed in ur butt, I got a link to get ur shit u need, homie
http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/foru...galore-110988/

Last edited by Raider; 04-17-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Bujwazay (06-01-2012), Koenig (04-21-2012)
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #329

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nah not really..just didn't like the comment... I appreciate the suggestions you've made though
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #330
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I know. If we didn't fuck around, this forum would be boring.
Koenig (04-21-2012), predapio (04-22-2012)
 Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #331

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For what its worth, I went in with all the mods in my sig less the BSD. They didnt say shit about those. Only that the VVT was in spec. And ive got reason to believe them, there is no slack in the chain, however I still feel like they should repllace it before anything worse happens.

This dealer is filled with a bunch oif fuckbags too.
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
thatsmrgimp2u is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #332

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah that's true raider haha and mr gimp I think my Cobb branded FMIC might be a little bit of a flag to a passing by service manager lol
 Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #333

midnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the worldmidnightmarauder is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm, guess I should be active on a forum I signed up for over two years ago. My car is at the dealer for this right now.
edmsmallcash likes this.
midnightmarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #334

Koenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,805 Times in 1,946 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 24 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wish this was a recall. They already KNOW it's a problem, TSBs are their ways of getting around recalls, since it doesn't cause anything serious, or create a road hazard (example: 1999 F150s with faulty cruise control modules catching fire while on/driving).

When this came out, I already had 98k miles on my car. 29k over the 70k extension. My turbo is starting to smoke like a mother too. I bite the bullet and decided I'm just going BT and already have a bigger turbo on the way, now I have to crap a bigger wad of cash and get a mani to go with it ;(
 Old 04-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #335

shadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 26 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RAR View Post
Check for the VVT repair came today, took a while for both but they did pay me back.

Bilsteins & Eibachs go on tomorrow in celebration.
How long did it take? I sent my refund information in a month ago for the vvt. Did they cover the full price you paid?
 Old 04-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #336
RAR

RAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud ofRAR has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shadesofgray19 View Post
How long did it take? I sent my refund information in a month ago for the vvt. Did they cover the full price you paid?
They covered the full cost, it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the check back.
 Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #337

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,482 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Turbo smoking occasionally at stop lights, reproduce-able at idle after about 20 minutes.

Car came with intake stuff when I bought the car 1 year ago CPO.

I suspect I should put on a stock TIP or else they won't be able to give me the updated valve cover and TIP in the breather kit...

Is this all sound?

Except I'm wondering how I'm going to use an aftermarket SRI/TIP combo again if they take away my current breather line...

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #338

Dahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the worldDahouse702 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hit 70k this weekend ill be expecting my VVT to act up anytime now. DOH!

Current Car...

2009 MS3 Black Mica GT JBR TRU 3.0 Widepath full intake, BNR S3 v1, GS EBCS, 3 BAR , Forge BPV V2, Autotech internals , Denso Itv22, CNT Downpipe, CX-Racing piping with Cobb v2 core, Cobb AP v2, JBR RMM, JBR PMM, JBR TMM, JBR Oil Catch Can, EGR Delete, JBR TIG, Toyota Seals, HTP battery tray, DashHAWK

Zoom Zoom
Dahouse702 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #339

shadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow255 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

they wouldn't replace my turbo because i was 800 miles out of the extension
shadow255 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #340
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buy a new cluster.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #341

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,482 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been smoking often on:

1.Sure SRI/TIP
2.SU Mid Pipe
3. No Resonators
4. HKS SSQV
4. Stg2 AP OTS SRI/TIP

Wanted to show dealer for free turbo or revised valve cover / TIP:

1. Stocked out TIP, Sure SRI remains
2. Uninstalled AP

Car no longer smokes, even with idling for 40 minutes after spirited driving.

Fuck:

1.Want to put TIP back on
2.Now on Stg2 OTS SRI since dealer found nothing.

Conundrum: Stocking out TIP for service bulletin eliminated smoking, so no longer eligible.

Upside: Dealer was really cool and even though nothing was found they waived all service fees since they know me. Showed them video I took of smoking for the record.

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #342
Resident Baus

duappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the world
Groans: 34
Groaned at 56 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, so I've read this whole thread and I'm pretty sufficiently paranoid now. My 2011 MS3 has always made a clicking or ticking noise when running, but I always thought it was the CDFP. The sounds never gets louder or softer whether it's cold, hot, just started the car, or been running for an hour. I'm hopeful it's just the CDFP since I haven't heard the slapping noise. I guess the only way to find out is to stick my fingers in there and make sure it's tight (insert joke here).

FREEKTUNE (On hold 'til EWG) ATP GTX3071R IWG (soon to be EWG) Full Race exhaust manifold CP-e whale peen + 3.25 in. intake
COBB EBCS + Downpipe + BPV + AP Stage 2 Corksport CBE + Brake Pads Ultimate FMIC NGK Iridium IX @ .28 DDM HID 6000k
Autotech CDFP Internals JBarone EGR delete, TB + IM gaskets, SSP + Shift Anchors, 88D RMM, 70D passenger + tranny mount, RSB, and OCC
HTP battery box TSW Nurburgrings 18x8.5 MBR w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235x40x18 +45 Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Installation TBD: H&R springs + Koni yellow shocks + struts
duappleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #343
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

That only works when cylinder 1 is at tdc.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #344

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by duappleganger View Post
Ok, so I've read this whole thread and I'm pretty sufficiently paranoid now. My 2011 MS3 has always made a clicking or ticking noise when running, but I always thought it was the CDFP. The sounds never gets louder or softer whether it's cold, hot, just started the car, or been running for an hour. I'm hopeful it's just the CDFP since I haven't heard the slapping noise. I guess the only way to find out is to stick my fingers in there and make sure it's tight (insert joke here).
If it were the vvt you would def be aware of it. It's scary annoying at startup.

tapatalkreplacein on my Nexus
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
thatsmrgimp2u is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #345

Koenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the worldKoenig is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,805 Times in 1,946 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 24 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thatsmrgimp2u View Post
If it were the vvt you would def be aware of it. It's scary annoying at startup.

tapatalkreplacein on my Nexus
My paperwork doesn't have 2011s listed under the "warranty extension" regardless. So they may not actually service him.

I don't see it on the first post but I recall there was a 2nd paper giving a VIN range as well.

I still wish this was an actual recall and not just an extension. Just like the stupid smoking turbo and PCV. The breather line just feels like a "band-aid" to the issue IMO.
 Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #346

timjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the world
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
That only works when cylinder 1 is at tdc.
Just quoting this for emphasis.

There are points in the engine's rotation where you get slack between the cams, even on a brand new chain. We have been having tons of people coming in for this because they don't realize it's normal.
(Now if it reaches up to the valve cover, that's a different story)
timjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timjs For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (05-21-2012)
 Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #347

All2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeAll2envyMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 28
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Still have 6500 miles left before I hit 70k
Kinda weird, the car hasnt smoked in like a month?!
 Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #348

Darren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond reputeDarren08 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have 52k on my car, and I think it is starting to have VVT issues....sooo Im gonna take the letter and my car to the dealer next weekend. Glad I found this thread!
 Old 07-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #349

burkerre is a jewel in the roughburkerre is a jewel in the roughburkerre is a jewel in the roughburkerre is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does it make a difference if you do the vvt replacement with a tune on the car? or will all be fine when is put back together?
CP-E 3" catless Dual TBE | Cobb SF Intake | Hi-Tuned Performance TIP | Autotech HPFP | CX racing FMIC | Cobb AP Stage 2 | Whiteline RSB | Dreadnaught | Juggernaught | AWR RMM | RallyArmor Mudflaps | Boost Gauge | HKS BPV | TWM Stage 1 STS | SURE Shortcut | SURE Anchors | SURE Counershift weight | xCarLink iPod | Hellatones
burkerre is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #350

ms6bb0y will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

recently brought the ms6 w/ obvious bolt-ons (sri, tip, bov, tbe) into the dealer. turbo was hella smoking. i chose not to stock out because it wasn't worth all the un/re-install time to still potentially be denied. someone mentioned that the techs can easily tell that shit has been previously messed with. i just figured if they said no, i would go BNR.

long story short, they checked under valve cover for sludge and she was clean. no need for maintenance records. new turbo ordered and installed in 2 days. best of all, it was done without having to pay upfront and wait for reimbursement check.
ms6bb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #351

frank de jonge is infamous around these partsfrank de jonge is infamous around these parts
Groaned at 23 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just curious, I got a msp3 now and when start @ cold you can heat a littlebit rattle. But I live in Holland and I don't know if the extended warranty was hoven over here. My car has run 104.000km.

What could I do if my VVT nerds to be replaced?
frank de jonge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #352
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Mazdaspeed protegй 3?

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #353

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,236 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by frank de jonge View Post
Just curious, I got a msp3 now and when start @ cold you can heat a littlebit rattle. But I live in Holland and I don't know if the extended warranty was hoven over here. My car has run 104.000km.

What could I do if my VVT nerds to be replaced?
The 3MPS and mazdaspeed3 models are identical (as well as 6MPS and mazdaspeed6), so normally the warranty extension should apply all over the world. Contact your dealer if you're currently under extended warranty and see what they can do for you.
On the other hand the engine will start rattling a bit more when cold. The fuel pump will make most of the noise though. So don't get fouled by this, if you suspect anything go to the dealer for an inspection (they may want you to leave the car there for a few hours for a really cold start) and see what the problem is, if any.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, CP-e TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071r gen2, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM, CorkSport cam shafts
Mahle 88mm 4032 9.6:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, King rod&main bearings, CS seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #354
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not necessarily. Canada opts out of a lot of crap from America.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
johnredding (10-11-2012)
 Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #355

johnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ha @Raider answered my question even before I asked it.
I have been talking to the Mazda dealer about the VVT warranty and they are essentially acting like they have no clue what I am talking about.
Being in Canada I was going to ask if there is a different warranty or if it even applies at all.
I even attached the PDF version of the American letter to an email to prove that I wasn't full of it.
Also my car has a "branded" title so maybe that's why they "can't find any warranty for my regarding the VVT actuator".
Any advice would be great.

~Some things have been bolted on~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
johnredding is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #356

G-Man is a jewel in the roughG-Man is a jewel in the roughG-Man is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 17 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm shit outta luck with my smoky ass turbo. The dealer had to take pictures and get approval from some main HQ and they denied the turbo job because I had modified the car - even though that was after the original warranty had expired. Actually, I'm wondering if they even bothered figuring out the cause of the smoke.

Ironically it started smoking before most of my mods were done and car is at 63K There should be a class action lawsuit or something.

Quick question though, will replacing the turbo with a GT2871R or the 3071R solve the issue?
 Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #357
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Or buy a used/good K04 for cheap in the FS section.

I think the BNR is a popular choice.

Ask @chimmike about BT.
 Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #358
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,143 Posts
Groans: 433
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

replacing with BT will feed the mod addiction. THen before you know it, you'll be throwing in forged pistons and rods, throwing more methanol at it, and pulling on cts-v coupes.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protйgй Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #359

wette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the world
Groans: 41
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey everyone. I just got my VVT actuator and timing chain replaced and wanted to let you know how it went. As you can see in my sig, I have way too many mods to think about stocking out, so I check the dealer awesome list in the Dallas area (went to Town North Mazda in Richardson) and went to see the service department. I have 57,000 on the car. Talked to Carey the manager who was an awesome guy and told me the best way to go about getting it covered.

I ended up paying him to take the valve cover off ($99) so he could take pictures of the block and send to Mazda to show that it was clean and that the oil was changed properly. This worked out beautifully since I didn't have oil change receipts and its hard to argue that I neglected changing the oil when you see pics of the block all nice and clean. That worked. Next obstacle was the mods. Carey kept arguing to the Mazda rep that none of the modifications I have on the car contributed to what physically broke and needs to be fixed...which we all know is 100% true. Carey was just good enough to get the rep to believe it.

The final major obstacle was when the regional manager saw my DO meth tank in the trunk and instructed Carey to send a pic of it to the Mazda reps. I didn't remove it because honestly I didn't even think I would have made it this far in the claims process. I fully expected to go in there and pony up the $1,200 after viewing this thread and hearing all of the Mazda BS excuses for not covering the work. But Carey still had my back and explained to the guy that it was an intercooler sprayer (bwahhh!) despite seeing the alcohol injection decal on the tank. Carey had to call me back and ask me with his supervisor on the line if that it indeed was just an intercooler sprayer. What his supervisor didn't know though, is that Carey called me an hour before and told me about the situation and that he was going to have to pawn it off as an intercooler sprayer so when he called I explained to him that it was a sprayer and not indeed an alcohol injection system.

The whole deliberation and emails back and forth took a day and a half, but in the end Carey got the job done and I got my VVT actuator and timing chain replaced without having to pay a dime. I just wanted to share my story with you guys to let you know that is IS possible to go modded and get it covered. You just have to go to the right dealer and have an awesome guy like Carey go to bat for you. I also sent him a $25 Chili's gift card for going above and beyond to make sure I got covered. If any of you are in the Dallas area I strongly suggest going to this dealer if you need this work done.
T3 GTX 3076R .82 a/r, ATP wide-mouth turbo inlet, CPE FMIC, 3.25" MAF custom intake, HKS BPV, Steedspeed T3 Exh. mani, CPE High Output Fuel Pump, Streetunit MM, CP-E side mounts, Mazdaspeed CBE, v-band custom DP, TiAL 38mm EWG, DO stg 2 meth 75/25 w/ do7, 3.5 bar MAP, Cobb AP, TWM solid shifter base bushings, BC racing 32 way adj. coilovers, Mazdaspeed camber links, 18" Bronze Enkei wheels
wette460 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wette460 For This Useful Post:
CamSpeed360 (10-23-2012), Nliiitend1 (10-24-2012), Raider (10-23-2012)
 Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #360
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL, that is AWESOME!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f505/official-warranty-extension-program-turbo-vvt-actuator-102153/
Posted By For Type Date
Проблемы Mazda6 MPS - Украинский Мазда Клуб :: MazdaClub.UA This thread Refback 06-28-2015 12:11 AM
Just got this 09' MS3. 64k Has a few mods. Am in love. : mazda This thread Refback 04-22-2015 01:52 PM
Mazdaspeed3 Owners! A little insight please. : mazdaspeed3 This thread Refback 04-08-2015 11:27 AM
Mazdaspeed3 Owners! A little insight please. : mazdaspeed3 This thread Refback 03-30-2015 06:29 PM
Mazda 3's are often suggested for their price, performance, and cheaper upkeep. What about an '07 Mazdaspeed3 GT? : whatcarshouldIbuy This thread Refback 07-29-2014 04:13 PM
Finally got myself a Speed6! - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 02-12-2014 11:12 AM
What does /r/mazda think is a good price to pay for this car? : mazda This thread Refback 02-05-2014 12:03 AM
Cumberland Motor Club ? View topic - Sudden Power loss This thread Refback 02-04-2014 07:37 AM
VVT issues This thread Refback 11-15-2013 06:15 AM
Mazda 6 MPS/Mazdaspeed6: известные проблемы - Страница 7 - MAZDA Club Belarus - Белорусский Клуб MAZDA - Форум This thread Refback 11-03-2013 12:07 PM
Noob guide to Preventative Maintenance and Modding - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 06-27-2013 04:30 PM
vvt actuator and turbo warranty extensions ? Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 05-11-2013 02:14 PM
Ticking in the engine bay - need help!!! - Page 5 This thread Pingback 04-27-2013 06:32 AM
Mazda6 MPS - :: MazdaClub.UA This thread Refback 10-31-2012 03:13 AM
Car being diagnosed tomorrow This thread Refback 09-29-2012 06:20 PM
Mazda MPS Owners Club • View topic - vvt actuator and turbo warranty extensions This thread Refback 09-01-2012 09:03 AM
Rattle noise when engine is cold This thread Refback 08-14-2012 12:58 AM
Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - New Member This thread Refback 06-04-2012 11:17 AM
MAZDA Club Belarus - MAZDA - - - Mazda 6 MPS/Mazdaspeed6: This thread Refback 05-19-2012 01:44 AM
Google INTERIA.PL - szukaj: wt actuator mazda engine This thread Refback 03-26-2012 11:13 AM
Mazda 6 MPS 300+ HP This thread Refback 03-12-2012 11:12 AM
Long time, no cobra :( - SVTPerformance This thread Refback 02-13-2012 12:39 PM
Mazda6 MPS - :: Mazdalub.UA This thread Refback 01-24-2012 11:27 PM
Mazda 6 MPS/Mazdaspeed6: - 7 - MAZDA Club Belarus - MAZDA - This thread Refback 01-24-2012 01:55 PM
MZR talk here **NO SUBARUS ALLOWED** - The Something Awful Forums This thread Refback 01-23-2012 08:04 AM
VVT Warranty Extension Program notice from Mazda - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 01-20-2012 09:02 AM
New Member - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 01-19-2012 09:38 AM
Another Smoking Turbo - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 01-17-2012 09:41 AM