register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Cobb Tuning
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Cobb Tuning Cobb Tuning is the leader in Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 Performance!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #1

weakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 15 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Edit: AP fixed, logs coming soon!!

So just got my AP that I bought from a member ad it won't load the maps screen. Goes to the scanning for maps screen, then Cobb emblem and stays there. It'll read codes. And I updated it yesterday. Any ideas here? I'm waiting for the Cobb support to all me back. We tried a few things but nothing.

Edit: it's working now

Last edited by weakdog85; 05-16-2012 at 11:18 AM.
weakdog85 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #2

Blackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you "Install" it?
Tuning - Auto Tech Internals, Cobb Accessport, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
Suspention - Koni FSD's, RX-8 Rims, Potenza RE - 11's 235 / 40 / 18's
Drivetrain - J-Speed Shifter Plate, Sure Anchors, SU RMM
Random - Pontiac G8 Horns

2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD, the family car...
Blackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #3

weakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's what I was trying to do
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump for help
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #5

Blackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try calling Cobb.
Tuning - Auto Tech Internals, Cobb Accessport, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
Suspention - Koni FSD's, RX-8 Rims, Potenza RE - 11's 235 / 40 / 18's
Drivetrain - J-Speed Shifter Plate, Sure Anchors, SU RMM
Random - Pontiac G8 Horns

2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD, the family car...
Blackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackrider For This Useful Post:
helmetface (05-15-2012)
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So he said that either my car has had a tune on it already or there is something wrong with the ap. he asked if I could send the ap and my ecu in. I can't go that long without my car so I'm just sending the ap back. this is bullshit. I don't wanna name drop just yet. I'll give him a chance to chime in on this
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,776 Times in 4,956 Posts
Groans: 890
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's weak, dog.

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're like the 5th person to say that haha
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #9

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,591 Times in 505 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 50 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like you got a married AP
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
Boost Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm pretty sure I've just said it 5 times.
You buy that bitch used or new?
NVM reading fail. What member? Might as well spit it out cuz I'll go find it in 30 seconds. I'm just lazy.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Omgheyitskenny

Haha okay maybe ur right. It's just been you
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boost Addict View Post
Sounds like you got a married AP
It said uninstalled under the settings
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
COCKSTRONG

Not Ranked  0 score     

can you monitor or do you have any gauges?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't monitor nor do I have gauges. I can read and clear codes but that's it
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
COCKSTRONG

Not Ranked  0 score     

ECU is likely locked by another tune. Cobb can prob wipe that for you. If you're lucky they'll just charge you for shipping. Then all you'll owe is a thank you card.

One stupid and free last ditch effort may be to disconnect battery and reset ECU, possibly clear any weird bugs there may be, and try one more time.

and you're sure it's the AP for the MS6, right?

Last edited by SofaKingAwesome; 05-15-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just talked to the seller and he says everything was all good when he sent it. I believe him too. I just have no idea
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wait it needs to be for a six? He had it for a 3
 Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #18

omgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 6 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm here

Ap was unmarried. There was no problems with OBD2 cable I only got disconnected once when I was doing a log.

I don't understand it was working perfectly on my car as I was adjusting timing as you guys can easily see my thread in ECU section.

Originally Posted by SofaKingAwesome View Post
ECU is likely locked by another tune. Cobb can prob wipe that for you. If you're lucky they'll just charge you for shipping. Then all you'll owe is a thank you card.

One stupid and free last ditch effort may be to disconnect battery and reset ECU, possibly clear any weird bugs there may be, and try one more time.

and you're sure it's the AP for the MS6, right?

Shouldn't the AP save/wipe current map and install new?
omgheyitskenny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
COCKSTRONG

Not Ranked  0 score     

a 1st gen 3 should be the same (MAZ-001)
I believe the tune can be locked down, can't remember what @drenkel did with his Piasini tune when he went to the AP. Cobb can get around it though, you just might be down for a few days. I see Ti Gray in here, he prob knows better than me

Old 05-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #20

omgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond reputeomgheyitskenny has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright so at this point the possibility is that he already had a map on his ecu?

Keep me posted Matt you have my number also please next time call me first I'm not on here everyday so I wouldn't have seen this
 Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay. I'll definitely keep you posted. And no disrespect was meant by posting I was just a little pissed cause I was really looking forward to using it.

And I was just praying someone here had an answer. I definitely believe everything you're telling me

And this ap is actually a maz-002. So maybe that's it?
 Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

All is fixed. Not sure how but I just plugged it back into the computer and downloaded a ms6 map and tried it again. Not only can I see the ms6 map I just dl'ed but I can see all of them

Phew that was a relief. Thanks Kenny for being cool about it.

Thanks everyone who tried helping as well
 Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad everything worked out. It seems it's always the simplest thing that holds things back.
 Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know right. Well at least we have a solution to another possible problem.

So now that the stage one is flashed I should drive around for a while to let the map settle in right. Then do maf cal then some wot logs?
 Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

I drove around 50miles before wot everytime I reflashed.
The Following User Says Thank You to omgheyitskenny For This Useful Post:
weakdog85 (05-16-2012)
 Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
COCKSTRONG

Not Ranked  0 score     

After you get MAF cal dialed in and you add it to each new map, you won't need to do the 50 miles thing. That's just to let the fuel trims settle through the "learning" process. Once you're dialed in you should be good to go. I do like to give it a couple ignition cycles before getting crazy though, usually just turn it off at a light and back on on the first drive. By the next time you drive it you'll have 3 ign cycles already.

The Following User Says Thank You to SofaKingAwesome For This Useful Post:
weakdog85 (05-16-2012)
 Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well haven't really gotten on it yet but it feels awesome so far. i can definitely tell a difference. i'll probably get some logs tomorrow and dial in the MAF. i'll post em up here for people to look at.

how do i change the title of this thread?
 Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #28

ASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,123 Times in 604 Posts
Groans: 126
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotta get with a mod for that.

'09 Red MS3 - AP self tuned, CS HPFP, JBR 3.5 WP, CP-e S2 RMM, M2 Catless DP, CX FMIC, CNT CBE
ASHMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASHMS3 For This Useful Post:
weakdog85 (05-16-2012)