register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Miata MX-5
> Miata - General Questions
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By AtTheDriveIn
  • 1 Post By mghtymouse380
  • 1 Post By Downmented
  • 1 Post By AtTheDriveIn

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Two nuns and a pack mule

AtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default First time Miata owner

Long story short, I used to have an MS6, but got into financial trouble so the bank had to collect it. I will miss it terribly, but at least I did have the experience and privilege to own one. Thanks to the great friends which some happen to be NATOR were able to help me out to acquire this sweet gem. I'm pretty much fucking grateful right now after the shit that has happened after the MS6 getting repoed. If it wasn't for them I would of probably stepped out of the Mazda game which would of been the least of my worries, but I'm glad I'm still in it and everything turned out the way it did thanks to them.

Anyway, enough before this gets any more soft. It's a '95 Merlot M-Edition approaching 165K on the clock. I've been driving it a little over a month already and it's such a blast! It drives like champ and I can't ask for more out of a car that's been around for a while. I can't wait for it to get warmer out here to start turning wrenches and learn some good shit about this car. I'm very excited about their potential and what can be done to them. Man, this roadster life is pretty sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _Z217435.JPG (4.91 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg _Z217433.JPG (3.46 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg _Z217436.JPG (2.77 MB, 22 views)
mghtymouse380 and Rokusek like this.

Last edited by AtTheDriveIn; 01-21-2014 at 08:52 PM.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AtTheDriveIn For This Useful Post:
beachshoer (01-22-2014), Code Monkey (01-21-2014), KusteLokal (01-22-2014), Manny (02-12-2014), mghtymouse380 (01-22-2014), NOreasonY (02-24-2014), p057 (01-22-2014), Rokusek (01-22-2014), rymanmazda (01-25-2014), SpencerC (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #2

Big_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the worldBig_Burd is the leader of the world
Groans: 118
Groaned at 26 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shit happens man, but at least you're still rocking a Mazda..

Have fun with all the other Miata guys
AtTheDriveIn (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #3

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you and @Rokusek; are going to form a little club up there

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
AtTheDriveIn (01-22-2014), Rokusek (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #4

mghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the world
Groans: 58
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dont forget @mghtymouse380; that fag is building a turbo miata right now as well.
Rokusek likes this.

TUNE IN PROGRESS (RFINKLE2)

1999 Mazda Miata (PROJECT) (blown motor)
BEGI Cast Manifold| BEGI DP| SR20 Turbo (GT2554)| Flying Miata Silicone IC Piping| Cx Racing IC| HKS BOV| TEIN SA| Harddog Rollbar|Sparco Spint V| TRmotorsports C1 15x8
mghtymouse380 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mghtymouse380 For This Useful Post:
AtTheDriveIn (01-22-2014), Downmented (01-22-2014), Rokusek (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #5

Downmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,251 Times in 1,971 Posts
Groans: 493
Groaned at 92 Times in 63 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is this tommys old mater?
Rokusek likes this.

700HP CLUB
Former World Record Mazdaspeed 60' 1.603
11.479@124mph

10second car with an 11second driver
#DIX

-Builds 700hp MS6, buys miata, sells said MS6!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downmented For This Useful Post:
AtTheDriveIn (01-22-2014), Rokusek (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #6

3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,081 Times in 723 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 32 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice buy, love the wheels.

'08 Speed3 - Cobb sri/cp-e rmm/18x8 RX-8 rims (DynoJet @ 254 whp/295 wtq)
'99 Miata - Ground Control coilovers/Bilstein Sports/Racing Beat F&R sway bars/Go Miata strut tower brace/Jackson Racing header/MSM muffler/15x7 Kudo Racing wheels
3Gee Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3Gee Tee For This Useful Post:
 Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #7

mghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the worldmghtymouse380 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Downmented View Post
Is this tommys old mater?
Yes it is

BEGI Cast Manifold| BEGI DP| SR20 Turbo (GT2554)| Flying Miata Silicone IC Piping| Cx Racing IC| HKS BOV| TEIN SA| Harddog Rollbar|Sparco Spint V| TRmotorsports C1 15x8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mghtymouse380 For This Useful Post:
AtTheDriveIn (01-22-2014), Downmented (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #8

Rokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,594 Times in 2,498 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm glad that the crew was Able to help you out Danny, I wanted to give you mine, but Tommy made the suggestion for you to have his and I couldn't agree more as his is in way better condition.

Love you brother!

-PJ

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
The only guy here getting away with giving his car a name...
Daily: Evelyn (Eve), 04 4Motion 6Speed VW Passat W8
Sold to @yourstruly; : Isabella (Izzy), 06 MS6 GT with Navigation #1271
Sold to @downmented; : Audrey, 95 Miata
Totaled: Vivian (Viv), 07 MS3 bolted and built, brutally murdered by a texting driver
Rokusek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rokusek For This Useful Post:
 Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #9

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Rokusek View Post
I'm glad that the crew was Able to help you out Danny, I wanted to give you mine, but Tommy made the suggestion for you to have his and I couldn't agree more as his is in way better condition.

Love you brother!

-PJ
If you're trying to give yours away I want it. Like nao.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #10

Rokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
If you're trying to give yours away I want it. Like nao.
At this moment it is not being given away. Nice try though lol.

Totaled: Vivian (Viv), 07 MS3 bolted and built, brutally murdered by a texting driver
anavrinIV (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #11

KusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,347 Posts
Groans: 124
Not Ranked  0 score     

At this moment it is not being given away. Nice try though lol.
$500 and a pee pee touch?

Glad to see that you're back Dan

1995 Miata 1.8
2006 MS6 Sold
KusteLokal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KusteLokal View Post
$500 and a pee pee touch?

Glad to see that you're back Dan
No chance in hell.

KusteLokal (01-22-2014)
 Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #13

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Welcome to the Miata Club! Turbo Plans?
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
Two nuns and a pack mule

AtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank alot, guys! It's a privilege to own this car. I'm so in love with it I take pleasure into driving it everyday. Never a dull moment behind the wheel.

Love you brother!

-PJ
I really appreciate it! If it came down to it, I would entertained you with some offers lol. Yours is pretty awesome too since black is the fastest! I'm glad everything worked out at the end. Much love for you too, brother!

Originally Posted by Spencer@CorkSport View Post
Welcome to the Miata Club! Turbo Plans?
I haven't got that far yet lol. Supercharging would be pretty sweet for that usable power at AutoX, but the price tag for that is pretty steep. As soon as everything is squared away, I want to shoot for 180-200 daily. Sounds like a turbo is down my alley unless I find a supercharger for cheap.
Rokusek likes this.
 Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

He will be turboed. I am sure that he will have my old setup before it is over with. I plan on going with an ARtech custom mani, dp, and exhaust sooner or later.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #16

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Welcome to the miata club, and the m edition club. Your 200 hp goal will quickly turn into 250hp and beyond once you get the initial boost. My car at like 200hp put car lengths on my speed6 and a lightly modded speed 3. Enjoy the car man.
 Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #17

Jinba Ittai has a spectacular aura aboutJinba Ittai has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Amazing little cars, can't kill them, bullet proof engines if taken care of. I've had mine 20 years now, hardly burns a drop of oil at 152,000, still has the original headlights, clutch, and engine, did do the slave cylinder tho. Tons of aftermarket stuff, new Paint and a body kit too, congratulations on your new baby!!
Jinba Ittai is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #18

Huffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to beholdHuffmane is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice find, I just picked up a 2004 and love it. I love how much more simple and laid back these cars seem compared to the speeds. Once summer rolls around I'll probably be running around in mine everyday.
JBR TIP and SRI. Stratified EBCS. AutoTech HPFP.CP-e TMIC. Turbosmart Plum Back BPV. TWM full replacement short shift cage. TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 Wrapped in Continental ExtremeContact DW 225/40. CPE Stage II Flex RMM.

2004 Miata. Bone Stock.
Huffmane is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #19

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,248 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Congrats. I have a 2002 and love mine as well. I drive it more than the speed.

"There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking, you are winning. Resistance is victory. Defeat is impossible. Your weapons are already in hand. Reach within you and find the means by which to gain your freedom. Fight with tools. Your fate,and that of everyone you know, depends on it."

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #20

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Groans: 320
Groaned at 78 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

are you still alive bro?