register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #1

CX-7Pilot will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default A few probs - P2187 P0126, Exhaust Smell in cabin

I have had this CX-7 for about a year now. Had the original engine replaced with a crate engine and re-used the accessories. Just a few little issues that I can't figure out:

I get code P2187, which is a purge valve code. I have been having issues with the engine stuttering after I fuel up with 91 octane, and then clearing up as I rev it up a few times and wait 30 seconds before putting it into drive. I replaced this part when I had the engine swapped out. Maybe the part I got was defective? It was OEM...

Getting P0126 (coolant not coming up to temp) once every month or two. Clears out on its own. Coolant seems to be staying in the middle range of the overflow tank. I did add a little coolant 6 months ago. Could have had some air in the system? Maybe a corroded sensor wire? Temp needle has been dead-on in the normal range every time I drive it.

The biggest problem I'm having is an exhaust smell that originally wasn't there when the engine was installed, but has begun to be more noticeable over the last few months. I've looked for anything obvious, but don't see anything - even with the intercooler pulled off. I don't smell anything if I have the recirculate button pressed in; only when it's "fresh" air and parked, or stopped at a light. Does anyone know how to check for exhaust leaks? I have a compressor. I was thinking of running that into the exhaust pipe and feeling around for leaks. Also wasn't sure if the purge valve might have something to do with the exhaust. Probably not, but worth asking.

Just got an airbag light a couple days ago as well. Hoping my scan tool can pickup what's going on with that too. Are there any known airbag issues on the cx-7?

Thanks for the help. I'll be reporting back when I get suggestions so this will help others out.
CX-7Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #2

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

For exhaust leaks you can usually spot the black soot where the leak is, other than that you can plug the tail pipes and feel around from the downpipe back for hot pulsating air. The common culprit though is a leaking turbo->downpipe gasket.

The P0126 code was a common issue for mazda and is usually resolved with an updated thermostat that runs the engine a little hotter.

P2187 is really a code for too lean at idle... this could be the purge valve but could also be a vacuum leak from anything connected to (and including) the intake manifold. Check all the lines for splits, cracks, hard hoses, etc.
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote