register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Build Diaries
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

2010 MS3 - Build Diaries Genpu - General Build Threads/Diaries.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-10-2016, 11:03 PM   #1

Wholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default DD Simple Build

Posted around this time last year with suspected ringland failure:Cracked rings?

Ended up being a blown turbo, but not too long after I pulled plugs to change them and noticed oil. Long story short after chasing my tail, cracked rings.

Building the engine, and figured I'd post in the case that someone has similar parts and was curious how it ends up. List isn’t exhaustive, might forget stuff, but will be adding pictures. Everything is already on the car, except for the engine section.

Bolt On’s: Are the basic kind…
• Ultimate Racing Catback
• Ultimate Racing Test Pipe
• JBR Trilogy mount (88d)
• JBR 3.5” intake
• ETS TMIC
• Autotech Fuel Internals
• Forge BPV V1
• Dual Damond OCC
Suspension: More basics..
• Bilstein b8
• HR Springs
• JBR front/rear sway bars
• Moog front/rear endlinks
• JBR rear camber arms
Exterior
• Wrapped Satin Black
Turbo:
• Stock k04
Engine: New stuff..
• Wiseco Forged Piston Set 88mm
• Manley H Beam
• Oem Head studs
• ARP Main Studs
• New timing components
• Southbend Stage 3 Endurance clutch
• ITV22’s
• Damond PCV Plate
Tune:
• Was Freektune - Will continue to be
'12 Mazdaspeed 3 - AP V3 /Freektuned/ Autotechs / JBR SRI + TIP/ ETS TMIC / Forge VI BPV / Dual Damond OCC/ Ultimate Racing Test Pipe / Ultimate Racing Catback/ JBR 88RMM / JBR 80TMM / JBR Boost Tubes /JBR Rear Sway Bar/ NGK 1 Step Colder/ Corksport Pads/ TWS Nurburgring 18x8.5 et 45//
Wholegrain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #2

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You should add some Meth to that list so you can push it a little and take advantage of the new rods and pistons :-)
 Old 12-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

Wholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant futureWholegrain has a brilliant future
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
You should add some Meth to that list so you can push it a little and take advantage of the new rods and pistons :-)
You think even on the little k04? I'm running about 4 gallons of e85 as of current. Budget after the machining and stuff stopped be from going BT, so little k04 it is for now.
'12 Mazdaspeed 3 - AP V3 /Freektuned/ Autotechs / JBR SRI + TIP/ ETS TMIC / Forge VI BPV / Dual Damond OCC/ Ultimate Racing Test Pipe / Ultimate Racing Catback/ JBR 88RMM / JBR 80TMM / JBR Boost Tubes /JBR Rear Sway Bar/ NGK 1 Step Colder/ Corksport Pads/ TWS Nurburgring 18x8.5 et 45//
 Old 12-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm still on the little K04. I went from 4.5 gallons of E per tank to 2 gallons of Meth per tank, same or more KR resistance. I also spray the equivalent of a D10, pure Meth. I've modified just about everything I can think of, and push my rods and pistons to the edge. Right now I get 30 psi til 4500 rpm or so, more torque than I can use in the first 3 gears at least, .... I think it's probably more fun than a BT, definitely faster as a DD
 Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I'm still on the little K04. I went from 4.5 gallons of E per tank to 2 gallons of Meth per tank, same or more KR resistance. I also spray the equivalent of a D10, pure Meth. I've modified just about everything I can think of, and push my rods and pistons to the edge. Right now I get 30 psi til 4500 rpm or so, more torque than I can use in the first 3 gears at least, .... I think it's probably more fun than a BT, definitely faster as a DD
Very very impressive, especially seeing you are from Texas, where I assume it gets pretty hot. You're on stock short block? And your k04 is still alive lol? Very impressed, what kind of numbers are you seeing?
 Old 12-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not sure what you mean by stock short block, I've replaced the pistons and rods (Manley and Wiseco). Vdyno says I'm somewhere a little north of 450 ft-lbs and almost 350 hp.

I've load tuned 1st, 2nd and 3rd to try and reduce uncontrollable wheel spin and now 4th will spin unless I have good traction surface. I've been forged for about 20K miles

Like I said, lots of fun
 Old 12-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #7

Mazdaspeed713 will become famous soon enoughMazdaspeed713 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice build. Looking forward to pics... and maybe a video when it's all done?
Mazdaspeed713 is offline   Reply With Quote