register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #1

Ozark is just really niceOzark is just really niceOzark is just really niceOzark is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default bolt size question

Can someone tell me what sized bolts hold the heat sheild on the exhaust manifold? I have two missing. :/

Thanks.
-Zack
Ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #2

snOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the worldsnOhio is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 16 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MOTHER FUCK, WOULD YOU DAMN BROWNIES LEARN HOW TO SEARCH? (just kidding hal!)

from this looks of the exploded diagram here there are 4 bolts. i would suggest that you back one of the remaining ones out and take it to your local hardware store for a replacement. or look around the parts catalog in the link. i couldn't find a bolt for that specifically, but clicking on 'Exhaust Components' listed one. or, donate and get access to the shop manual which should tell you as well.

whatever you do, consider some loctite when you install them.
1993 Suzuki GS500E - K&N drop in, Supertrapp strap on
snOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #3

TexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,218 Times in 695 Posts
Groans: 273
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i hate loctite... its a hoe to remove

TexasSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #4

RodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond reputeRodneyAE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use anti-size on these so that I can get them back out because of all the heat. Never lost one, and I can always get them back out.

AMSOIL Dealer - Hit me up for some good prices.
RodneyAE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RodneyAE For This Useful Post:
wankular (07-13-2011)
 Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
MoparGo
Lurkers

Arrow Just...

...go by the dealer and ask for a quote on those bolts with the exact specs...

They will be priced out of the stratosphere, but you will then have the size. Then off to Home Depot with you.

Don't pay attention to malcontents on the forum telling you to STFA (even though you might consider a little search action first).

Also, the search feature may be a little fugazi here (or such per operator error)... Still, it seems to work 90% of the time.

I don't know the size of the bolts or I would tell you now just to get this over with.