register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> VersaTune
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

VersaTune VersaTuner tuning software by VersaTune. Available for Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, Mazdaspeed Axela, Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed Atenza. Includes ECU reflashing/remapping, online tune database, custom tune editing ability, virtual dashboard, data logging, diagnostics/DTC code management, Launch Control, No Lift Shift, and stutter-free Smooth Shifting.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree5Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Approved MSF Vendor

Steve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the worldSteve@VersaTune is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,348 Times in 313 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking at the first log, you are seeing fuel cut well before you hit 6600. Are you sure your LC limiter was set at 6600? It looks like 6100 in the logs.

Some things to try:

enable smooth shift
set NLS retard at some extreme value like -30* so it's obvious if you're hitting this.
raise LC km/h threshold - it's possible that you're exceeding LC speed threshold before the clutch pedal switch is triggered. You are going from 0 to 12 km/h between the two clutch pedal samples showing disengaged and engaged.

I may need to rewrite the LC/NLS speed check to accommodate hard launching cars.

Lead Tuner
Steve@VersaTune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Steve@VersaTune For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (07-13-2015), Dano (11-10-2015), Easter Bunny (07-13-2015), Enki (07-13-2015), Justin@Freektune (07-14-2015), Micha (08-10-2015), phate (07-13-2015), RE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 (07-14-2015), Realgib3 (07-14-2015), TiGraySpeed6 (07-13-2015), xfeejayx (04-27-2017)
 Old 11-09-2015, 04:36 AM   #2

RE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the worldRE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,782 Times in 240 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Steve@VersaTune View Post
Looking at the first log, you are seeing fuel cut well before you hit 6600. Are you sure your LC limiter was set at 6600? It looks like 6100 in the logs.

Some things to try:

enable smooth shift
set NLS retard at some extreme value like -30* so it's obvious if you're hitting this.
raise LC km/h threshold - it's possible that you're exceeding LC speed threshold before the clutch pedal switch is triggered. You are going from 0 to 12 km/h between the two clutch pedal samples showing disengaged and engaged.

I may need to rewrite the LC/NLS speed check to accommodate hard launching cars.
I have tried all these options nothing worked.I also try to launch without megaspool option enabled and i some times was able to launch some other the same bog(nothiing changed between the 2 tries).So i think you should deffinetlly check what is going on with the high revs and launch control i think that there might be some issue...Especially for my car that it is launching hard is a very big problem ,because after every bog i really stress my t-case.

Pte 6466 & AWD Mode on !!!!

11.114@131.04 .........GTX3071.....FWD

10.62@136.64............PTE6466.....AWD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 For This Useful Post:
Realgib3 (11-09-2015)
 Old 11-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #3
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,250 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Steve@VersaTune View Post

Some things to try:

enable smooth shift

Considering that it looks like he has the LC RPM limiters set above required values this seems the most promising place to look. LC speed threshold. I believe he says the bog only happens sometimes so he may be right on the LC speed logic bubble so to speak.

Great track prep, tire heat/pressure, driver control = too much speed = bog. so so track prep, tire heat/pressure, driver control = not enough speed = no bog.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
phate (11-10-2015), RE-ACTIONENGSPEED3 (11-10-2015)