register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Sonic Tuning
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree7Likes
Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Approved MSF Vendor

sonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default GB V2: Sonic Tuning Coilovers!!!

Thats right folks. We did so well in the first GB we are going to do it all again!!!

This time we are going to skip the minimum requirement and just offer you guys the same great prices right from the beginning!!!!

Features:
• Full length adjustment system on lower mount
• Separate ride hight and pre-load adjustments
• 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy construction: lower mount, top mount, spring seat and locks
• 12 level adjustable damper - adjustable dampers allow fine-tuning of the suspension stiffness to best suit the driving condition.
• SCM440 hardened piston rod: special high strength grade material with extra hardening process effectively improves the chances again deformation, fracture and leakage.
• Special formulated oil - stable and durable high quality oil seal can minimize any suspension failures or oil leaking to increase durability.
• Inner polished seamless steel tube - quality high strength tubes ensure the strength of the struts (cylinders). The micro finished inner surface ensures a precise and smooth action, which can reduce the chances of fluid leakage and prolongs struts endurance.
• Mono tube design ensures quick response and comfort. suspension fluid is separated from high-pressure gas in order to reduce damper failure.
• Advanced formulated rubber parts: effectively increase the endurance and help eliminate abnormal noises.
• Forged aluminum alloy top mount: increases the strength and effectively reduces the weight to provide sensitive driving feedback.
• Sae9254 spring: high strength material formed spring effectively minimizes deformation.

MS3 spring rates are 7k/5k
MS6 spring rates are 12k/5k

S1 Version: No adjustable top hats
S3 Version: Camber adjustable top hats (MS3 only) and pillow ball mount.

MS6 Kit:

MS3 Gen1 Kit:

MS3 Gen2 Kit:

Here are some review threads from the BMW forums on our coilovers for that platform. You will see that even the pickiest of car enthusiasts have great things to say about the quality of the coilover itself and the adjustability it provides.

Sonic Tuning S1 Coilovers (Impressions) - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Sonic Tuning Coilovers installed - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Sonic Tuning Coilover Review - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

There are a few members so far who has been impressed with these and have only good things to say!!!

GB Details:

This GB starts today and will run for 45 days or until we run out!!!

CURRENT INVENTORY AS OF March,24th 2013

We will start pre-ordering process in April for the Third Group Buy.
MS6: S3 | Sold Out | Next Shipment May
Gen1 MS3: S3 | Sold Out | Next Shipment May
Gen2 MS3: S1 | Sold Out | Next Shipment May
Gen2 MS3: S3 | Sold Out | Next Shipment May

GB pricing will be as follows:

$999 for the S3

Sets sold so far:
1. MS3 Gen1 | S3
2. MS3 Gen1 | S3
3. MS6 | S3
4. MS3 Gen1 | S3
5. MS6 | S3
6. MS3 Gen1 | S3
7. MS3 Gen1 | S3
8. MS3 Gen2 | S3
7. MS3 Gen1 | S3
8. MS3 Gen1 | S3
9. MS3 Gen2 | S3
10. MS6 | S3
11. MS3 Gen1 | S3
12. MS6 | S3
13. MS6 | S3
14. MS3 Gen2 | S3
15. MS3 Gen2 | S3
16. MS3 Gen2 | S3
17. MS3 Gen2 | S1

To order these just give us a call 240.766.8388 or you can email us at sales@sonictuning.com

All coilover includes 1 year warranty against wear/tear (ie if you blow a shock) and a LIFETIME warranty against manufacturing defects (such as a broken coil, snapped bolt/bracket, ect). We pride ourselves on customer service and always making sure the customer stays happy no matter what. A quick Google search will show you just how happy ANY customer has been while doing business with us. We will do everything in our power to make sure your purchase goes as smoothly as possible. To order a set you can send us a PM or give us a call directly and we will be happy to help you.

Here's just a small review from a few MSF members who have already purchased them:

My Sonic Tuning S3 Coilover experiance....

Originally Posted by doubleflusher View Post
I do have these on my MS3, and I do love them.

Plus, they helped keep my car stable at the track.

Originally Posted by Shive View Post
Will do! Thanks man.

And the gents over at Sonic Tuning have been awesome thus far. Had a tracking # about an 30-60 mins after I sent the payment info, and they're quick to respond to emails. Hopefully the product lives up to the customer service so far.

Originally Posted by radbrad View Post
ive had these coilovers on for about 2 months now and i absolutly love them. it took a couple of tries to get my ride heigth, spring preload set to my liking, and get my dampening dialed in to my comfort.

Originally Posted by smillers View Post
Still needs to settle and these are shitty phone shots. Ill do a write up on them after I tune it all in. So good so far. No rattles. I currently have them set right in the middle of firmness. Wheels are 8.5 et47 with 225's. No clearance issues.

Originally Posted by radbrad View Post
I have them, sadly im in texas.

I will tell you though that I absolutly love them. they go super low (if thats your thing) and the adjustable dampening kicks ass. I put it 3 clicks softer when Im driving with chicks, and stiffen it up its just me.

After I put them in I went and got a race allignment and now my car tracks straighter then ever and sticks all turns. Super fun.
miamispeed3 likes this.

Proudly Serving the NATOR DC Community!

www.sonictuning.com

We are an authorized COBB Dealer and carry HUNDREDS of other brands for your MAZDASPEED

We also make our own Coilovers for the MS3/6 along with HID kits and Wheels

Last edited by sonic tuning; 03-24-2013 at 08:57 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sonic tuning For This Useful Post:
amggilly305 (02-07-2013), CWP_MS3 (02-05-2013), h.h.sk1nny (02-07-2013), Jh8909 (02-05-2013), miamispeed3 (03-03-2013), Onelovesoccer (04-06-2013), PapaSmurf (02-08-2013), smillers (02-07-2013), Toymachinespeed (02-06-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2

Domino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the worldDomino81 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,904 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 73 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Big fan of anything with your name on it. Good luck.

Anthony D. Christiano - Co-Owner at Inspiration Studios Photography
2008 CosmicBlue Mazdaspeed3
294whp/335wtq - Stock K04
370whp/370wtq - BNR stage 3

FreekTuned, BNR Stage 3, Cobb AccessPort, HTP tray and 3" intake, Devil's Own Meth Injection D10 Nozzle, 3-Bar Map & Plug & Play Connector, PTP Injector Seals & Studs, KritzSpeed 3-Port BCS, Sure Return, UR Downpipe, CorkSport Race Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-back, CP-E FMIC, TWM STS, TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob, TWM Leather Shift Boot, AutoTech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR trinity, Forge Version 2 BPV, Koni Yellows, H&R's, Sonic Tuning ST100's 18x8.5 + 5/16" spacer (ET40), SPC camber arms, Cobb Rear Sway Bar, Nitto NT05 235/40/18 (front) BF Goodrich g-Force Sport 235/40/18 (rear), MSD DashHawk, 35% tint, Semi-debadged ...Unicorn Jizz
The Following User Says Thank You to Domino81 For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (02-05-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So you're saying I have 45 days to save a G...I can do that!!!
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
The Following User Says Thank You to tbot For This Useful Post:
 Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #4

MS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,634 Times in 857 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Possibly sign me up, if the coil overs I'm looking for sell, then I'll pick these up.

Sent using my EVO LTE on tappy

2008.5 CWP Speed3 GT - SOLD /

1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 SSP

331 Stroker 9:1 compression - AFR 185 Heads ported to 205 specs - 1.6 Roller Rockers - Comp Turbo Cam - Edelbrock RPM Performer II Upper and Lower intake mani - 24# injectors - 70mm throttle body and EGR spacer - C&L Intake - BBK Headers - MSD Billet Distributor - MSD Coil - Ford Racing Wires - MSD Ignition - A/C delete - Built 3 spd With reverse manual valve body - B&M Shifter - Aluminum driveshaft - 3.55 gears - Moser 31 spline Axles - Nitrous Express 125 shot - 5 lug conversion With SN95 Brakes
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3MYK For This Useful Post:
 Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,014 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

picts added!!!!!!!

im going to detail some of the picts tomorrow with the extra features that Sonic Tuning brings to the table that really separates them from your average coilover.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-05-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can the height of the rear of these be adjusted without removing the spring from the perch?
 Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
Can the height of the rear of these be adjusted without removing the spring from the perch?
yes but we dont recommend that. its so easy to just remove the one bolt from the LCA and drop the spring to ensure that both sides are identical.
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
rfinkle2 (02-09-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
yes but we dont recommend that. its so easy to just remove the one bolt from the LCA and drop the spring to ensure that both sides are identical.
Thank you. Another q. please.

Do you have to use a hole saw to cut bits in the engine bay?

i.e. for the camber adjustability on the s3?
 Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
Thank you. Another q. please.

Do you have to use a hole saw to cut bits in the engine bay?

i.e. for the camber adjustability on the s3?
Yes. Regardless of the coilover you purchase if you want access to the camber adjustment you will need to drill the shock tower out.

Before:

During:

After:

BOOM!

First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
amggilly305 (02-07-2013), Boost_creep (02-12-2013), breakfasteatre (02-05-2013), Dmurray06 (02-05-2013), rfinkle2 (02-05-2013), Wings_Fan_1986 (02-13-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #10

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default GB V2: Sonic Tuning Coilovers!!!

Just realized I have a strut tower brace...I think these will work with that...have to double check...if not looks like I'll be selling that then haha.
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
 Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tbot View Post
Just realized I have a strut tower brace...I think these will work with that...have to double check...if not looks like I'll be selling that then haha.
have no fear!!!!!

i also have a STB on my 6 and they fit just fine.

First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #12

vrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the worldvrspeed10 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 25 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i didnt know this kit came with end links. The ones in the pic are for the front?

03 Speed Protege.. SOLD

10 Speed3 BT and getting my DRANK on!!!
 Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by vrspeed10 View Post
i didnt know this kit came with end links. The ones in the pic are for the front?
yes but only for the 3's not the 6
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
sonic tuning (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #14

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wasn't really planning on ordering coils but these are very appealing. I wasn't thinking I wanted anything adjustable but by the time I pay for bilsteins Cobb springs and some moog end links I'm well over a grand. Any downsides to these? I doubt I'll lower the car more than 1.2 inches. It will probably stay that way too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using tapatalkreplace 2
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatsmrgimp2u For This Useful Post:
NOreasonY (03-04-2013), superskaterxes (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #15

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't find anything wrong with them. Nothing but good reviews. Not worrying about bump stops and strut mounts... This is so much easier and i can get them from one order. I'll be sending payment very early March for gen 1 s3's.

I'm very new with suspension setups. Is it hard to dial in an even drop with these? How exactly is the rear dampening adjusted?

| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~

Last edited by thatsmrgimp2u; 02-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatsmrgimp2u For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #16

h.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the worldh.h.sk1nny is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,784 Times in 667 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 18 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

PM'ed!!!! The wife just gave me her credit card!!!! Guess that is what happens when you make them a baby

New Stuff: PTE 5858 and Built, not bought, by ME

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to h.h.sk1nny For This Useful Post:
amggilly305 (02-07-2013), Boosted Beluga (02-11-2013), Jh8909 (02-07-2013), sonic tuning (02-07-2013), superskaterxes (02-07-2013), xI Leveler Ix (03-27-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thatsmrgimp2u View Post
I can't find anything wrong with them. Nothing but good reviews. Not worrying about bump stops and strut mounts... This is so much easier and i can get them from one order. I'll be sending payment very early March for gen 1 s3's.

I'm very new with suspension setups. Is it hard to dial in an even drop with these? How exactly is the rear dampening adjusted?

they are super easy to adjust, you can use the locking collars to change the height until you get the same drop all around.

the rear dampening adjustment is on the shock itself. you should be able to reach up into the fender well to adjust it.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (02-07-2013), thatsmrgimp2u (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #18

Fast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Anthony for the quick customer service. I ordered my set yesterday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fast_Dude For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (02-07-2013), superskaterxes (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
Approved MSF Vendor

sonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by h.h.sk1nny View Post
PM'ed!!!! The wife just gave me her credit card!!!! Guess that is what happens when you make them a baby
Originally Posted by Fast_Dude View Post
Thanks Anthony for the quick customer service. I ordered my set yesterday.

Both of your set is going out today!

Proudly Serving the NATOR DC Community!

www.sonictuning.com

We are an authorized COBB Dealer and carry HUNDREDS of other brands for your MAZDASPEED

We also make our own Coilovers for the MS3/6 along with HID kits and Wheels
 Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #20

J.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dy has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much lower would a Gen 2 be with this set of coilovers at maximum height? Thanks.
 Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #21

Fast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant futureFast_Dude has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sonic tuning View Post
Both of your set is going out today!
And thanks to Wei for the great service.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fast_Dude For This Useful Post:
h.h.sk1nny (02-07-2013), superskaterxes (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #22

WAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the worldWAHBAM is the leader of the world
Groans: 47
Groaned at 21 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed for interest after getting raped by valentine's day next week
Debating on Rear Sway Bars, Springs, or internals next...
The Following User Says Thank You to WAHBAM For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #23

Poohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the worldPoohster is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wish I had more money!!!!!! I need to save up!!!!!
06 MS6, Blk Mica, MS wheels 18x7.5, Conti DWS P225/45-18, Magnaflow CB, Autometer Boost gauge, CS Strut bar, Bilstein shocks, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT, TT Diff Frt mount, SP slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Whiteline RSB, JBR Thermal Gaskets. Cobb AP, GTX2867r, Snow Stage2 WMI, Southbend Stage 3 Enduro clutch. HTP 3 in TIP
RPM: Sport Springs, Shark Fin, LED side markers
CP-e: HPFpump, Xcel CAI, DP, Tial w/ BOV Flange, gauge pod, TMIC, Safeseals, MZRevolved Stage 2 block, RMM, LTRmani, xFlex diff mount

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #24

shadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the worldshadesofgray19 is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 26 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I thought you brought over more than 5 sets for the ms6. I may need to shift around some funds to get these before they sell out for 6 months again. I really want BT and built engine though, decisions...
 Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #25

Karmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,158 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My knowledge of coilovers is non-existent. Please forgive is these questions are stupid as a result.

1. What kind of drop if any are we looking at in the MS6 on the highest setting?
2. I am not too concerned about install difficulty but I see some posts about drilling the strut tower and would like to not have to hack things up.
3. I understand the height adjustments can be made relatively easily after taking off the wheels. How easy is it to adjust the dampening settings in; front and back?
4. In the case of a blown shock after the warranty period what is the avenue or option to get these rebuilt as they are clearly a very limited production item?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Karmat For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-09-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shadesofgray19 View Post
I thought you brought over more than 5 sets for the ms6. I may need to shift around some funds to get these before they sell out for 6 months again. I really want BT and built engine though, decisions...
correct, we bought 6 sets =D
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
shadesofgray19 (02-07-2013)
 Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fauk. I was all ready to drop the money on corksport coilovers and now this. those things look sexy.
 Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #28

Playaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

omg they so pretty brah! somebody convince me to buy these! got the chesse just gunshy about which suspension setup to get
2009 Black Speed3 - AP, JBR Powerpath stage II Sri, JBR 70 duro tmm, JBR Ssb, JBR Short shift kit, JBR RSB, JBR 5mm spacers, ETS Tmic, TWM big type-R shift knob, RX-8 wheels, CPE Stage 2 rmm, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's

to be installed :
3 Port EBCS
HTP 3" intake/ MAF/ TIH
Autotech internals
Corksport Pmm
Test pipe
SBC Rear Camber Arms
 Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #29
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Playaj View Post
omg they so pretty brah! somebody convince me to buy these! got the chesse just gunshy about which suspension setup to get
do it man, check out the reviews in the OP from other members.

dont forget these come with a LIFETIME warranty on non-wear items and a 1 year warranty on everything else.

When i used to have BC coils, it took me 4 months to get a replacement shock (2 of those months was spent just trying to get in contact with them because they never answer the phone or return any emails). Sonic Tuning has a 2-3 week turn around time on warranty replacement parts which you wont find anywhere else.

these also come with adjustable endlinks!!!!!
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #30

PapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,233 Times in 4,775 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 61 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

waiting on my bonus to hit my bank account and then ill be contacting you guys for a set.

Cant beat the price.
860whp/677wtq

2016 Ford F150, XLT, 4x4 Supercrew
2.7 V6 Ecoboost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapaSmurf For This Useful Post:
mghtymouse380 (02-09-2013), superskaterxes (02-08-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #31

magicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the worldmagicka is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

What's the height range for the Gen 1? How close to stock height can they get/what's the min drop?

Taxes will be back soon, and a set of S3s is pretty tempting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner
PTP VVT Actuator/Injector Seals & Studs | Samco Rad Hoses | Redline Leather Shift & E-Brake Boot
BNR S3 | Stratified Boost Dial
 Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #32

cbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the worldcbspd3flip is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,418 Times in 515 Posts
Groans: 405
Groaned at 19 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I can recover from my clutch install, I definitely want a set of these as I want to start AutoX this spring/summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbspd3flip For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (02-08-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #33
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by magicka View Post
What's the height range for the Gen 1? How close to stock height can they get/what's the min drop?

Taxes will be back soon, and a set of S3s is pretty tempting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner
let me get back to you on the height thing. AFAIK they can be raised back to stock height but let me verify that for sure.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
magicka (02-08-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #34

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
do it man, check out the reviews in the OP from other members.

dont forget these come with a LIFETIME warranty on non-wear items and a 1 year warranty on everything else.

When i used to have BC coils, it took me 4 months to get a replacement shock (2 of those months was spent just trying to get in contact with them because they never answer the phone or return any emails). Sonic Tuning has a 2-3 week turn around time on warranty replacement parts which you wont find anywhere else.

these also come with adjustable endlinks!!!!!
Not to nitpick, but KW has a typical turnaround time of around 7-10 days.

I realize you're selling a product here, but I don't think you're looking to mislead anyone.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-09-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
Not to nitpick, but KW has a typical turnaround time of around 7-10 days.

I realize you're selling a product here, but I don't think you're looking to mislead anyone.
fair enough

but KW is an american company so i would hope they could respond that fast. Sonic tuning does not stock any replacement parts here in the USA and all of the engineering (yes i said engineering because actual engineers with tons of time attack experience designed these rather then copying some china made shit) is done in japan.

So for a company like sonic tuning to commit to getting you a replacement part this quickly from overseas within this kind of time frame should speak wonders about their customer service. It typically takes 6 weeks by boat to get things shipped here from japan so all of your warranty items are sent via express mail on a plane to make sure they get here in plenty of time so the customer doesent have to wait.
cbspd3flip likes this.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
tbot (02-08-2013), xx5PEEDxx (04-24-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #36

Celestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,033 Times in 657 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 55 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does the rear spring adjustment sleeve go on the top of the bottom of the spring on the MS3?
 Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #37
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Celestspeed3 View Post
Does the rear spring adjustment sleeve go on the top of the bottom of the spring on the MS3?
it goes on the top. you actually unbolt the rear subframe bolt and then put the bolt THROUGH the perch and then bolt the whole assembly back up. This way it holds that mofo in there nice and tight!
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Celestspeed3 (02-08-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #38

Celestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is the diameter of the perch 2.5"?

Does anyone have any photos of them installed on the car?

Reason being I want to install a set of universal race springs on the car. I have the bottom sorted out I just need the top.
 Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #39
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Celestspeed3 View Post
Is the diameter of the perch 2.5"?

Does anyone have any photos of them installed on the car?

Reason being I want to install a set of universal race springs on the car. I have the bottom sorted out I just need the top.
i can measure the diameter later today

heres the best pict i have of the rears

Celestspeed3 likes this.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Celestspeed3 (02-08-2013)
 Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks very much.
002hex (04-24-2013)
Closed Thread

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/forum/f596/gb-v2-sonic-tuning-coilovers-137331/
Posted By For Type Date
GB V2: Sonic Tuning Coilovers!!! - Mazdaspeed Forums This thread Refback 01-17-2014 10:27 AM
If interested. Coil overs GB available at MSF - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 02-05-2013 08:58 PM