register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
E-Tuners / Custom Hardparts
> Stratified Automotive Controls
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Stratified Automotive Controls We offer Vehicle Specific Street, Remote E-tuning, Dyno Services for Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 vehicles using the COBB AccessPort and VersaTuner. We specialize in control systems, engine management, instrumentation and turbocharging and offer a variety of products and services, from standalone ECUs to build-consulting services.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #1

jondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default My Stratified Experience

I just finished my e-tune with @Lex; and I have to say it was an amazing experience. The car feels great and I can definitely feel the difference, especially with the increased torque. Coming from a stage 1 OTS map, Lex was able to pick up about 18whp and 25lb-ft of torque according to VDyno and consistent logging.

Lex was patient and knowledgeable through the entire experience, even when I ran into some technical difficulties. We hit some limitations due to the fuel quality of CA winter gas, but Lex explained everything during the process with a total of six revisions. I look forward to working with him again once I pick up the new TMIC and downpipe I’ve been itching for.

Current power mods (other mods in sig):
Corksport SRI+TIP
Autotech Internals
Corksport Axle-Back (don’t know if I would consider it a power mod)

The following VDyno plot shows the OTS map compared to Lex’s tune with a CF of 1.01. Both are in third gear on the same stretch of road and these numbers are consistent after multiple logs. I switched tires during the tune and it’s been compensated for. I’m hoping to hit the dyno soon and will post results when I do.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would highly recommend Stratified to anyone looking for a tune!
Advan RZ 18x8 +45 Gunmetal / Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40R18 / Cobb Sport Lowering Springs
/ JBR Rear Sway Bar
jondaspr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jondaspr For This Useful Post:
Lex (04-01-2014), Mike@Stratified (04-01-2014), [R]usty (04-01-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #2

jondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond reputejondaspr has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just finished my top up tune with @Lex; after installing the test pipe and upgrading the TMIC and BPV. Peak numbers look good but gains down around 3100 rpm are definitely noticeable! The car feels amazing and puts a matching smile on my face every day. Thanks again Lex for the top notch experience!

Red is Cobb OTS Stage 1
Blue is after my initial Lex tune
Green is the top up
Advan RZ 18x8 +45 Gunmetal / Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40R18 / Cobb Sport Lowering Springs
/ JBR Rear Sway Bar
jondaspr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jondaspr For This Useful Post:
Lex (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,371 Times in 6,959 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It was a very rewarding experience to hone in on the extra power that the new modifications allowed and see the consistent gains throughout the powerband.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
jondaspr (06-13-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,250 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lex is Professional Grade

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
jondaspr (06-13-2014), Lex (06-13-2014)