register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
E-Tuners / Custom Hardparts
> Stratified Automotive Controls
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

Stratified Automotive Controls We offer Vehicle Specific Street, Remote E-tuning, Dyno Services for Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 vehicles using the COBB AccessPort and VersaTuner. We specialize in control systems, engine management, instrumentation and turbocharging and offer a variety of products and services, from standalone ECUs to build-consulting services.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,371 Times in 6,959 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Stratified Flash Tune (Formerly S-OTS+) V2.0

Through the hundreds of Stratified Flash Tunes (Formerly S-OTS+) and Stratified E85 Flash Tunes (Formerly E85 S-OTS+) out there as well as custom tuning we have gathered massive amounts of both technical information as well as customer feedback.

This has enabled us to update our Stratified Flash Tunes and Stratified E85 Flash Tunes calibrations to Version 2.0. All orders starting with yesterday (Oct 15, 2014) will receive the updated maps. This update includes improvements to performance as well as driveability across the board but especially in the Stage2 and E85 tunes (where a high pressure fuel pump upgrade is needed).

All of our new Stratified Flash Tune and Stratified E85 Flash Tune customers will enjoy the 2.0 tunes. All of our AccessPorts also include the 2.0 Flash Tunes

To support our loyal customers who already have an Stratified Flash Tune (Formerly S-OTS+) we have created the MazdaSpeed/MPS Flash Tune Upgrade. This gives you the opportunity to upgrade to the latest Flash Tune version but also enables you to update your map based on your modifications or changes in fuel octane at a fraction of the price.

MazdaSpeed/MPS Flash Tune Upgrade

For example, if you were a stage 1 and now are a stage 2 you can update your Flash Tune (Formerly S-OTS+) to match these modifications. This also applies to going from 91 to 93 octane and vice versa.

Here are the changes going from V1.x to V2.0

- Power output was increased for all our Stage 2 tunes.
- Power output was increased for all our E85 tunes.
- We now enable launch control and flat foot shift at your request.
- Shift logic was improved to reduce exhaust popping especially when using a 50/50 BOV.
- E85 tunes have both increases in power and spool/response.
- Stratified tunes are extensively tested to always deliver exceptional performance, reliability, and driveability in all conditions.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.

Last edited by Lex; 10-31-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (04-24-2015), Easter Bunny (10-16-2014), hilo07spdGT (10-22-2014), lnumbp (10-18-2014), SpeedRebirth (10-17-2014), twincitySPEED6 (10-31-2014)
 Old 10-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,025 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I loved my stratified ots+ tune so much I got a full tune from lex. On vdyno on my ko4 I got 273hp during the summer. If anyone wants to see I can post it when I get home.
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
knocturnal (12-27-2014), Lex (10-16-2014)
 Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet! Will be upgrading shortly. Love my sots+e85 to death.

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
CP-e S2 RMM - KW V2 - SPC RUCAs
jtday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtday For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-16-2014)
 Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jtday View Post
Sweet! Will be upgrading shortly. Love my sots+e85 to death.
I think you'll like the update even more .

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
 Old 10-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #5

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I think you'll like the update even more .
order placed look forward to hearing from you soon!

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
Lex (10-16-2014)
 Old 10-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

order placed look forward to hearing from you soon!
Post up your impressions of the E85 V2.0 once you've had a chance to put it through its paces.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Post up your impressions of the E85 V2.0 once you've had a chance to put it through its paces.
Just shot you an email basically saying thanks and that I intend to write a short review. It'll be in the next few days, thanks again!

Lex (10-17-2014)
 Old 10-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #8

RusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Monies sent!!!

Cant wait to try it out
Lex (10-17-2014)
 Old 10-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #9

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The last S-OTS tune I got was great but already stage2... one thing stuck out on the list of features, improved altitude performance? I live at 7300 feet and drive down to 5800 (roughly 30 miles) and back every day, how much improved? If I can get mounting figured out WMI will be installed shortly so might have to skip this revision.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-17-2014)
 Old 10-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #10
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
The last S-OTS tune I got was great but already stage2... one thing stuck out on the list of features, improved altitude performance? I live at 7300 feet and drive down to 5800 (roughly 30 miles) and back every day, how much improved? If I can get mounting figured out WMI will be installed shortly so might have to skip this revision.
Sounds like the best solution for you is a full custom tune especially since you've made the WMI investment and we want to maximize its potential.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 10-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #11

PhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the worldPhillyCheese is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update ordered!

MOD LIST

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
PhillyCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhillyCheese For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-17-2014)
 Old 10-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #12

RusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex;

I was filling out my Tuning form and noticed you no longer mention LC/FFC lean condition (according to this http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/launc...y-rev-limiter/ ;or was it rich conditions, I can't remember completely.

Has LC/FFC been perfected? Is it now completely safe to use?

Last edited by RusianKid; 10-17-2014 at 08:10 PM.
RusianKid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #13
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RusianKid View Post
@Lex;

I was filling out my Tuning form and noticed you no longer mention LC/FFC lean condition (according to this Blog : Launch Control, Flat Foot Shift, Primary Rev Limiter : Stratified Automotive Controls ;or was it rich conditions, I can't remember completely.

Has LC/FFC been perfected? Is it now completely safe to use?
A lot of people use FFS. LC was not not an issue, FFS was the one that sometimes showed this phenomenon. It is harsher on the driveatrain any way you look at it but since people want to use and we keep on pointing them to the COBB online tool we might as well make it easier for those that want to use it and set it up for them.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
RusianKid (10-18-2014)
 Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 AM   #14

initialdj has a spectacular aura aboutinitialdj has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just received my V2 s-ots map and can't wait to feel the difference! Will definitely get a full custom tune sometime down the track when I have the guts to do those wot 4th logs lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalkreplace
initialdj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to initialdj For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-22-2014)
 Old 10-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #15

BruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond reputeBruhhWill has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I recently installed the Ultimate Racing Resonated Test Pipe and uploaded the V2 Stage 2 OTS+ tune from Stratified. After about 3 days of testing the tune, I can honestly say my car has never felt better.

I was previously running V1 the Stratified Stage 1 OTS+ tune (which was awesome, by the way). This new tune + the test pipe just takes things to a different level. For an OTS tune, I'm blown away by the performance. I'm also blown away by the reliable numbers (boost, AFRs, etc).

This is why I will stick with Stratified as long as I have this car. Fanboy post over .

Engine
Cobb Accessport // Autotech HPFP Internals // Stratified Auto 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid (2-Port Mode) // Injen Cold Air Intake // CorkSport TIP // NGK Spark Plugs // Ultimate Racing Resonated Test Pipe // Stratified Auto S-OTS Stage 2+ Tune //

Transmission
JBR V2 Rear Motor Mount 80a // JBR Heavy Shift Knob // Corksport Shifter Bushings // Corksport Short Shift Plate //

Suspension
Koni Yellow Struts and Shocks with H&R Sport Springs // JBR Rear Sway Bar // 18x8 +45 Enkei Raijins in Black wrapped in Kumho Ecsta 4X All Seasons 235/40/18

Aesthetics
JDM Axela Window Visors // Corksport LED Fog Lights // Corksport LED Interior Lights //

Past:
1999 Crystal Blue Honda Prelude SH
2006 Titanium Grey Mazda 3 Hatchback (R.I.P.)
1995 Hyundai Elantra
BruhhWill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BruhhWill For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-22-2014)
 Old 10-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #16
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by initialdj View Post
I just received my V2 s-ots map and can't wait to feel the difference! Will definitely get a full custom tune sometime down the track when I have the guts to do those wot 4th logs lol

Hope you enjoy the tune and if 4th hear logs are unsafe in your area we can work with 3rd gear logs or even tune live on a dyno.

Originally Posted by BruhhWill View Post
I recently installed the Ultimate Racing Resonated Test Pipe and uploaded the V2 Stage 2 OTS+ tune from Stratified. After about 3 days of testing the tune, I can honestly say my car has never felt better.

I was previously running V1 the Stratified Stage 1 OTS+ tune (which was awesome, by the way). This new tune + the test pipe just takes things to a different level. For an OTS tune, I'm blown away by the performance. I'm also blown away by the reliable numbers (boost, AFRs, etc).

This is why I will stick with Stratified as long as I have this car. Fanboy post over .

Thank you, I am so happy to have our tune help you enjoy your car more!
initialdj and BruhhWill like this.

www.stratifiedauto.com

Last edited by Lex; 10-22-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have been running E85 V2 for 3 days now, and I can confidently say I like it better than E85 V1.

The car seems to be more willing to stay out of boost during regular driving, and at the same time responds very quickly when duty calls.

I can't say there is a significant difference with acceleration, but I also don't believe in butt dynos.

Butt dyno or not E85 tune made my Pu pull away from my friends 2006 CTS-V with I/E/T

I will post some 4th gear logs sometime this week!

Thanks @Lex;
Lex (10-22-2014)
 Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hope you enjoy the tune and if 4th hear logs are unsafe in your area we can work with 3rd gear logs or even tune live on a dyno.

Didn't even know u could do that! Well now I don't see y I shouldn't go ahead with a full tune. Expect an email soon lex

Lex (10-22-2014)
 Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #19

mabbus is a glorious beacon of lightmabbus is a glorious beacon of lightmabbus is a glorious beacon of lightmabbus is a glorious beacon of lightmabbus is a glorious beacon of lightmabbus is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default S-OTS+ V2.0

Just upgraded to the stage 2 V2 yesterday. Stratified sure knows what is going on. You really can't beat the price for an OTS tune. Love it. Custom tune coming in the spring.

Sent probably while on the toilet.
mabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mabbus For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-22-2014), Mike@Stratified (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

I data logged a couple 4th gear pulls last night...see attached

Tune feels great!!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv e85 v2 4th gear pull 1.csv (54.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv e85 v2 4th gear pull 2.csv (36.5 KB, 25 views)
Lex (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #21
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RusianKid View Post
I data logged a couple 4th gear pulls last night...see attached

Tune feels great!!!
Looks very good in the logs. You are getting a little spike on spool. We can trim this for you if you'd like - just reply to the SOTS+ email.

On E85 it won't knock so it's safe and if you like the punchy feel of it you can leave it as is.

www.stratifiedauto.com
RusianKid (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey @Lex; I shot you guys an email a little bit earlier but forgot to add one thing. So all you will see is a log in the most recent message, but look at the one most previous to that and I've included a bunch of info. Just want to make sure you guys didn't miss that and were wondering why I only sent you a log and no text. Thanks!

Lex (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey @RusianKid; did you have any extra shit in your car at the time of the log? I put your log in VD and estimated your weight at 150 and our curves are almost identical. I've always been thrilled with these ots maps and looking at our vdyno's side by side just shows me how good they really are.

Lex (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey @RusianKid; did you have any extra shit in your car at the time of the log? I put your log in VD and estimated your weight at 150 and our curves are almost identical. I've always been thrilled with these ots maps and looking at our vdyno's side by side just shows me how good they really are.
Driver weight 180lb

2 car seats- roughly 20lb

Laptop w/ bag- 15lb

Fire extinguisher and small tool kit 15lb

So roughly 230lb total added weight.

Yes I agree these OTS MAPS are amazing, and I cannot wait to get my custom tune!
jtday (10-28-2014), Lex (10-23-2014)
 Old 10-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

@lex I can't send u a PM coz i'm a noob in the forum and haven't even made 15 posts LOL!

I've just got a few questions about the full tune, is there another way I can get in contact with u? or maybe u could PM me first? if that works.
Lex (10-28-2014)
 Old 10-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #26
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by initialdj View Post
@lex I can't send u a PM coz i'm a noob in the forum and haven't even made 15 posts LOL!

I've just got a few questions about the full tune, is there another way I can get in contact with u? or maybe u could PM me first? if that works.
Message replied.

If anyone wants to get in touch with me or Stratified just use the link below:

Contact Us

www.stratifiedauto.com
initialdj (10-29-2014)
 Old 10-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #27

twincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm late to the party but this is great news as I finally got some fuel pump internals installed and a dp just sitting in my garage!

SOLD - 2007 Mazdaspeed3 210k
Current - 2007 Mazdaspeed6
twincitySPEED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twincitySPEED6 For This Useful Post:
Lex (10-31-2014)
 Old 10-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #28

CaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey Lex, how does this updated OTS+ stage 2 compare to the free stage 2 map(my current one) for the JBR power path intake?
 Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CaptainCode View Post
Hey Lex, how does this updated OTS+ stage 2 compare to the free stage 2 map(my current one) for the JBR power path intake?
There are a number of enhancements in the new V2.0 maps including higher load targets. So it should make more power.

www.stratifiedauto.com
CaptainCode (10-31-2014)
 Old 10-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #30
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also, just so there is no confusion, we have renamed the S-OTS+ tunes to Flash Tune on our site.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 10-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #31

CaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great thanks. Ordered it up
Lex (10-31-2014)
 Old 11-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #32

my2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex; I just submitted my request for a flash tune upgrade since I have the supporting mods to go with a stage 2 flash map. I then read the description on your site and I'm now confused:

"(fuel pump internals and either an upgraded intercooler or exhaust are needed for Stage 2)"

If I have upgraded fuel pump internals, test pipe and resonator delete will those mods be sufficient for a stage 2 map or will i still need an upgraded intercooler or exhaust?
[Damond Motorsports RMM & SSP] [Maisonvi Grooved Dessert Beagle Knob] [COBB AP V3] [CorkSport HPFP Internals, SRI, TIP, TMIC & LEDs] [Sure M3 TP] [cp-e Triton CBE] [GFB BOV] [91 Octane Purple Drank Tuned - 260whp/290wtq - VDyno]

Parts to Install: [JBR 3" TRU-3" Intake & Solid Shifter Bushings] [DDM HID Kit]

Last edited by my2k13speed3; 11-21-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammer
my2k13speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to my2k13speed3 For This Useful Post:
Lex (11-21-2014)
 Old 11-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #33
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by my2k13speed3 View Post
@Lex; I just submitted my request for a flash tune upgrade since I have the supporting mods to go with a stage 2 flash map. I then read the description on your site and I'm now confused:

"(fuel pump internals and either an upgraded intercooler or exhaust are needed for Stage 2)"

If I have upgraded fuel pump internals, test pipe and resonator delete will those mods be sufficient for a stage 2 map or will i still need an upgraded intercooler or exhaust?
Yes those are enough modifications for the stage 2. Thank you for the order!

www.stratifiedauto.com
my2k13speed3 (11-21-2014)
 Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #34

my2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the worldmy2k13speed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes those are enough modifications for the stage 2. Thank you for the order!
The flash tune map should hold me over until I upgrade my intercooler and CBE...then I'll be ready for a custom Stratified E-tune
[Damond Motorsports RMM & SSP] [Maisonvi Grooved Dessert Beagle Knob] [COBB AP V3] [CorkSport HPFP Internals, SRI, TIP, TMIC & LEDs] [Sure M3 TP] [cp-e Triton CBE] [GFB BOV] [91 Octane Purple Drank Tuned - 260whp/290wtq - VDyno]

Parts to Install: [JBR 3" TRU-3" Intake & Solid Shifter Bushings] [DDM HID Kit]

my2k13speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to my2k13speed3 For This Useful Post:
Lex (11-21-2014)
 Old 12-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #35

speed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex

We have done a full e-tune and a top up tune when I went catless downpipe and Turbo inlet pipe. I am curious to know what the ots-e85 tune would get me, are we talking a big boost in power over my current 94 octane tune? We had hit 10 iterations on the current tune before deciding it was complete. I have easy access to 85 so I would be interested if it will render me big gains. Can you give some insight on what the ots maps would do? my email is jaysonlucas87@hotmail.com if you would like to look up our previous tunes

thanks in advance!!
2012 MAZDASPEED 3 BLACK MICA -COBB SRI - COBB TIP - STEBRO CBE -ULTIMATE RACING CATLESS DOWNPIPE- STREET UNIT TEST PIPE -AUTOTECH INTERNALS - STREET UNIT TMIC - CORKSPORT TRUNK BRACE- STREET UNIT RMM (BROKE) JBR 88A RMM - CPE PASSENGER MOUNT - CPE TRANSMISSION MOUNT -COBB ACCESSPORT -SNOW PERFORMANCE STAGE 2 BOOST METH INJECTION KIT- DAMOND OCC -XXR 531 18X9 HYPER SILVER 235/40/18 GFORCE TIRES- PIRRELI PZERO RACING SLICKS ON OEM RX8 R3 RIMS- KSPORT SPEC AR COILOVERS - TURBO SMART BPV-DENSO ITV22'S
STRATIFIED TUNE BY LEX
speed3black87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speed3black87 For This Useful Post:
Lex (12-01-2014)
 Old 12-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #36
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speed3black87 View Post
@Lex

We have done a full e-tune and a top up tune when I went catless downpipe and Turbo inlet pipe. I am curious to know what the ots-e85 tune would get me, are we talking a big boost in power over my current 94 octane tune? We had hit 10 iterations on the current tune before deciding it was complete. I have easy access to 85 so I would be interested if it will render me big gains. Can you give some insight on what the ots maps would do? my email is jaysonlucas87@hotmail.com if you would like to look up our previous tunes

thanks in advance!!
Jayson, I looked through your logs - your fuel was excellent. There's a little bit to gain from E85 but we were able to push quite far on the 94. Some of the 94 customers however had the fuel quality change on them locally so keep an eye on knock in case this is happening in your area as well in which case E85 is the way to go and the 94 tune would need adjustment. If you have concerns don't hesitate to send me a set of logs.

www.stratifiedauto.com
speed3black87 (12-01-2014)
 Old 12-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #37

speed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud ofspeed3black87 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the quick response. I park the car in the winter so I will have to wait until spring to send you any new logs ( but I will take you up on that offer come spring ) I noticed in another thread that you offer turbo upgrades with an e-tune? If this is correct I would love for you to quote me on a BNR S3 with any supporting mods that would be required (it would be nice to have a package put together so I wouldn't have to order from different places) . I have my current set up in my sig, but I believe you have it in your records already. You would not be wasting your time as I have been seriously considering upgrading the turbo.

PS the new guardian angel is super sexy!

Thanks!
2012 MAZDASPEED 3 BLACK MICA -COBB SRI - COBB TIP - STEBRO CBE -ULTIMATE RACING CATLESS DOWNPIPE- STREET UNIT TEST PIPE -AUTOTECH INTERNALS - STREET UNIT TMIC - CORKSPORT TRUNK BRACE- STREET UNIT RMM (BROKE) JBR 88A RMM - CPE PASSENGER MOUNT - CPE TRANSMISSION MOUNT -COBB ACCESSPORT -SNOW PERFORMANCE STAGE 2 BOOST METH INJECTION KIT- DAMOND OCC -XXR 531 18X9 HYPER SILVER 235/40/18 GFORCE TIRES- PIRRELI PZERO RACING SLICKS ON OEM RX8 R3 RIMS- KSPORT SPEC AR COILOVERS - TURBO SMART BPV-DENSO ITV22'S
STRATIFIED TUNE BY LEX
Lex (12-01-2014)
 Old 12-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #38
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the quick response. I park the car in the winter so I will have to wait until spring to send you any new logs ( but I will take you up on that offer come spring ) I noticed in another thread that you offer turbo upgrades with an e-tune? If this is correct I would love for you to quote me on a BNR S3 with any supporting mods that would be required (it would be nice to have a package put together so I wouldn't have to order from different places) . I have my current set up in my sig, but I believe you have it in your records already. You would not be wasting your time as I have been seriously considering upgrading the turbo.

PS the new guardian angel is super sexy!

Thanks!
Thank you! Let me know if you'd like a quote now or if you want to wait until spring? It's best that I quote close to the time of purchase just because prices from manufacturers can change.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 12-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

I will contact you a month before she comes out of storage.
STRATIFIED TUNE BY LEX
Lex (12-01-2014)
 Old 12-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #40
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I will contact you a month before she comes out of storage.
Sound great! I know you guys have a longer and harder winter than us on the west coast.

www.stratifiedauto.com