register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazda Forums / MazdaSpeed Forums - Mazdaspeed Forum with High Performance Discussions, Car Gallery, Mods Information, Street Racing Stats,
Street Racing Videos & more. The Archived MazdaspeedForums! Mazdaspeed Mazda MSF MazdaSpeedForums.org.

You are currently viewing our boards in read mode only. We are here to preserve the data and info that is useful to Mazda gear heads.

If you'd like to donate to keep this info alive, your donation will go to hosting, SSL, and domain fees.

Search Forum

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #1

JohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Not hitting full boost on Hypertech Cobb flash

So i did a few 3rd gear logs after i flashed with the hypertech...used the cobb sri flash. Removed 0-60 throttle restriction so i assumed i will be hitting full boost even on 3rd gear. On my first run, i peaked at 18 psi which is what i'm supposed to be hitting with the HT flash but it would gradually decrease and not hold 18 psi. I thought i might have a boost leak so I did a couple more runs with WGDC% to check for leaks. WG duty values should be high to compensate for a leak but values are around 40% so i dont think i have a leak. all clamps are on pretty tight.

Is there another way to detect a leak asides from high WGDC values? Why am i not holding 18 psi? stock bpv?

| Cobb AP | Cobb SRI/TIP | CXRacing/Godspeed FMIC | AQ Motorsports downpipe | Mazdaspeed CBE | Autotech HPFP internals | Koni Yellows | Eibach Prokit | Progress RSB | Mazdaspeed camber arms | CPE RMM | TWM shortshifter/bushings | Redlinegoods shifter/e-brake boots | Defi Red Racer boost gauge | RPM ventpod | OEM RX8 wheels | Yokohama S-drive 245/40/18 | Volt 4300K HID | Ho-en yellow fogs | Mazda5 rear rotors | Dual Fiamm horns |
JohnMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #2

JohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

nobody?

| Cobb AP | Cobb SRI/TIP | CXRacing/Godspeed FMIC | AQ Motorsports downpipe | Mazdaspeed CBE | Autotech HPFP internals | Koni Yellows | Eibach Prokit | Progress RSB | Mazdaspeed camber arms | CPE RMM | TWM shortshifter/bushings | Redlinegoods shifter/e-brake boots | Defi Red Racer boost gauge | RPM ventpod | OEM RX8 wheels | Yokohama S-drive 245/40/18 | Volt 4300K HID | Ho-en yellow fogs | Mazda5 rear rotors | Dual Fiamm horns |
 Old 07-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #3

flyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 36 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

checkout my thread on the HT, I was able to hit 18, then hold 16psi
what are your mods ?
 Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i will be happy if i hold 16 psi but i'm losing boost quickly. i'm already at 13 psi by 5500 rpm. just have need to do a boost leak test...but shouldnt wgdc be high if i have a leak?

mods are cobb sri/tip, cs test pipe, mazdaspeed cbe

Last edited by JohnMS3; 07-19-2010 at 01:53 AM.
 Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

here is also my first log when i got my HT. used the cpe flash on this log. boost is still the same. peaks at 18 psi and drops down rather quickly...only at 10 psi by 5300 rpm. .7 kr as well

Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #6

banditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try logging load? Maybe one of you pros can chime in here, but is it possible he's making the load target at 13 psi?
banditscout is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #7

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wg duty cycle would be high if it was the turbo not being able to handle it. Since it is particularly low maybe there is a leak.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/219844-how-find-boost-leak.html

I just made one of these last week for 15 bucks. Best way to find the leak. Thank djuosnteisn for the write up.
 Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #8

bahndrvr is a jewel in the roughbahndrvr is a jewel in the roughbahndrvr is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Honestly man, that stock dv is probably bleeding it off, it's setup to do so on the stock load so I'm sure it's really highlighted right now by the extra boost, if you want it to be quiet and work well, you can't beat Forge - ran there products for years on my Audi's and VW's.
 Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i saw that boost leak tester before but i dont have a an air compressor. i want to verify if the bpv is leaking before i invest in one.

i might do a couple of runs on stock tune but i dont think its the tune that is causing my low boost pressure.

any more ideas?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #10

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You must know someone with an air compressor.
 Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #11

drenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the worlddrenkel is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 53 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can get a small compressor for like 40 bucks. Trust me it's well worth it for investment. You'd be surprised how many things you use it for once you have one lol.
 Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah i do. how about the stock bpv? how can you check if it's bleeding boost?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #13

Nachtsturm is a glorious beacon of lightNachtsturm is a glorious beacon of lightNachtsturm is a glorious beacon of lightNachtsturm is a glorious beacon of lightNachtsturm is a glorious beacon of lightNachtsturm is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just get a Forge BPV. If you still have the problem its somewhere else. If not, u still have an upgraded part.

2008 Mazdaspeed3 Sport - SOLD
[Cobb SRI] [Forge BPV] [TWM STS]
14.514@98.67 *Stock*
Nachtsturm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
Police

ganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,948 Times in 841 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

I have your solution.

Try with a different map. Even if you have the COBB Intake (like I do), set your Hypertech to the CP-E Nano map or the HKS intake map. Those setups will let your turbo hit at least 17 psi in 3rd gear and 18 in 4rd.

Check the thread to see dyno results between different maps:
Hypertech Intake Maps results
SOLD MS3 GT 2009 - Garret GTX3076R -CP-E 4' TIP // CP-E big MAF intake // Turbosmart compact BPV // Lamin-X yellow fog covers // Hella Xtreme yellow fog bulbs // Eonon 7" screen // Prosport Boost Gauge // Ventpod Single Gauge Pod // CPE TowPlate // MSD Dashhawk // COBB AccessPort // USDM ECU // CM Downpipe // Ingalls Torque Damper // Denso ITV24 // GV style front lip // TRZ rear motor mount // PG/Godspeed FMIC // Magnaflow CBE // COBB counter shiftweight // CPE PMM // CPE TMM // Autotech HPFP internals // PERM tune in progress // COBB EBCS // HPFPupgrade injector seals // Apex-i TT // PERM tune // Final numbers: 427 WHP - 471 WTQ

SOLD: BMW 325ci coupe Formula 1 package 2001 - Daily driven FTW!

MS3 vs Focus ST vs Camaro LS1 ---> Click here
TEH MEXICAN'T PERM!

Current whip: 2013 BMW 135i ///M Sport - BMW Performance Exhaust System - BurgerTuning JB4 - Golf Tee Mod - COBB Charge Pipe - BMW Blackline taillights - BMW Performance CF rear spoiler - 8K LED Angel eyes
ganque is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ganque View Post
I have your solution.

Try with a different map. Even if you have the COBB Intake (like I do), set your Hypertech to the CP-E Nano map or the HKS intake map. Those setups will let your turbo hit at least 17 psi in 3rd gear and 18 in 4rd.

the 4th log that i posted is using the cpe flash. thats actually the first log that i ran. i removed it due to high ltft's and kr at wot. i'll just borrow a forge bpv to see if the stock bpv bleeds boost...if my stocker doesnt i might have to make up a boost leak tester. shouldnt my wgdc be high indicating a boost leak?

Last edited by JohnMS3; 07-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
 Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

bump

can WGDC values be low if there is a boost leak or should it always be high? just want to know if my inability to hold boost is due to a leak or this can be a result of the HT tune. I didnt do any stock logs and will do one at night.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #17

flyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 36 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

had same problem on 1st HT flash, re-flashed and all was good
I suggest you flash back to stock, the re-flash, this fixed my problem

There is a flakey issue sometimes with HT, esp. if you are not coming from a stock tune. Other people have had to flash twice to get it working properly, no big deal only takes 5 extra minutes.
Annoying but easy fix.... try it and post back results
 Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #18
Police

ganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,948 Times in 841 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Try with HKS tune.
SOLD MS3 GT 2009 - Garret GTX3076R -CP-E 4' TIP // CP-E big MAF intake // Turbosmart compact BPV // Lamin-X yellow fog covers // Hella Xtreme yellow fog bulbs // Eonon 7" screen // Prosport Boost Gauge // Ventpod Single Gauge Pod // CPE TowPlate // MSD Dashhawk // COBB AccessPort // USDM ECU // CM Downpipe // Ingalls Torque Damper // Denso ITV24 // GV style front lip // TRZ rear motor mount // PG/Godspeed FMIC // Magnaflow CBE // COBB counter shiftweight // CPE PMM // CPE TMM // Autotech HPFP internals // PERM tune in progress // COBB EBCS // HPFPupgrade injector seals // Apex-i TT // PERM tune // Final numbers: 427 WHP - 471 WTQ

SOLD: BMW 325ci coupe Formula 1 package 2001 - Daily driven FTW!

MS3 vs Focus ST vs Camaro LS1 ---> Click here
TEH MEXICAN'T PERM!

Current whip: 2013 BMW 135i ///M Sport - BMW Performance Exhaust System - BurgerTuning JB4 - Golf Tee Mod - COBB Charge Pipe - BMW Blackline taillights - BMW Performance CF rear spoiler - 8K LED Angel eyes
ganque is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

reflashed with stock tuning thenc cobb...hopefully this is just a tuning issue. will post logs later on

Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

did a few more logs tonight and just want to get some feedback on these logs...i'm not pleased with my hypertech flash at all and boost is not holding at the advertised 18 psi. it's like i have stock tune on except that 1st to 3rd gear boost limits are removed. i flashed three times already and no change. can i have a boost leak without wastegate duty increasing?

1st log is on 3rd and 4th gear. knock on both and had to shift early due to approaching traffic.

3rd gear

Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how do you change the dark blue field on these logs to something brighter?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #22

Base14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ganque View Post
I have your solution.

The dyno doesn't tell the whole story.. I'd be careful using the cpe tune with a cobb intake. If you do, I'd watch your LTFTs and FP like a hawk because the CPE tune causes the car to run super rich. I posted a thread about logging the differences between each tune with my cobb intake, and the results were startling. The CPE tune may pull harder, but its because my fuel trims were being increased 13% at WOT and my boost was spiking to 20 and holding at 19. Not exactly safe imo.

http://www.mazdaspeedforum.org/forum/foru...sri-tip-61898/
2008.5 MS3 GT | Hypertech Flash | Cobb SRI | Cobb TIP | SU Test Pipe | Forge BPV | JBarone SSP w/ bushings | Matt Damond's OCC kit | SU RMM | 20% tint | LED swap | Raptor DDE Halo kit | Rally Armor Mud flaps | Sideskirts | TRS clear lenses | DashHawk with CPE mount
278 whp, 300 wtq

Base14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #23

fjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TwisteDcLoWn View Post
how do you change the dark blue field on these logs to something brighter?
Right click the chart->edit->channels. Or you could change the background.